test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Preview... Thoughts and hopes.

highlyunstablehighlyunstable Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 343 Arc User
I am on preview, like a lot of other players. I personally have not run any content other then to run around killing mobs in Avernus to check out my build.

Just curious as to;

Is anyone else taking a lot more damage then in live ?
Finding it a bit harder to find a good balance between DPS/HDPS and still be able to take a punch.?
Summoned companions are preferred over augmented. ?

I did slot a summoned companion (Soradiel) and found that I still kill quite nicely even though I need to take it slower and only aggro small groups as I take a LOT of damage if I get to many on me, unlike in live.

In live, I have spend a lot of time and money to become a GOD ( so to speak) as I love that kind of game play, and I find it fun to be able to melt mobs... it is MY personal preference, but in preview, I have become a bit weaker ( especially after the nerf to the Warlock)

Just hoping the Devs will not destroy what took us a long time ( and a bit of money) to achieve in our Characters. I could care less how the numbers look in my character sheet, just so long as I continue to run the same content like ToMM and ZCM without a big drop to my overall HDPS.

Still, I am looking forward to the updates... but is anyone else ????

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    I personally felt about the same dps and survival wise in Avernus before messing with my enchantment and item build (DPS Cleric). Though some of that may be because I am overpowered for the area. Some things to keep in mind though, normal healing potions heal a lot more of your health now, your damage numbers may be lower, but so was enemy health. I have even done Avernus with only a weapon so as to test the feel of being scaled to 30k iL (normally 50k with gear), and while it takes a while to kill things, I found that I was still able to survive just fine.

I've personally been a bit underwhelmed by companion damage, though that is likely due to a slow rate of attack of the ones I have at Mythic for stats.

Content like ToMM and ZC is being run on Preview, I will let others speak on that, though from what I have heard. Awareness is needed just as much as Defense is.

• sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Hello people, actually I consider all 8 of my characters as mediocre. They were built for story and not really fighting. To address game mechanics... when I copied Llorna Zorg and her husband Count Byron Zorg to the preview server, I am shown to be over capped on 3 stats. Health potions are healing me about 90% and I can do Avernus better. The Zorgs currently cannot make it through the mote of virtue, got to the battle with Zariel and I gave up on it. I figured I would come back and do it with some friends. However the way things stand on preview, I should be able to solo the mote of virtue by the time they finish the module.

If I were to complain about game mechanics in the new module, companions suck. They peck at the enemies like chickens doing minimal damage. Meanwhile the health seems to last a very long time. How long? I was testing on preview in Avernus, I had to go potty, so I ducked behind one of those rocks to let my companion entertain the enemies. I returned expecting to find a dead player or disconnect. No. I was still hidden under a rock and the companion was still pecking.

I assume this was done to kick those AFK players in the dragon balls. However my "complaint" about the companions is how pointless and worthless they have become. Not just the companions, the augments are also a waste. Remember how I am shown to be over capped on 3 stats? Sure you do, I wrote that in the first paragraph. Augments boost stats, so they are wasted here too. Some one will tell me to juggle stats, how when module 16 took out the more elaborate builds?

I might have more to say when I see the finished product.

Have fun! <3
    wb-cenders.gif