test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mounts and companions

When can we have mounts with all 3 universal insignia so we can choose the bolsters we want and enjoy the mounts instead of collecting . I also want to say thanks for account mounts very smart . I wish all companions were account as well hint hint ha ha . I really think we need all the characters in the game Dritz, boo, Wulfgang, etc please let us have these companions that would be so cool. I wonder if we will ever get 2 companions at same time for in game content ? . Most of the other games have this feature but neverwinter

Comments

• blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User

When can we have mounts with all 3 universal insignia so we can choose the bolsters we want and enjoy the mounts instead of collecting . I also want to say thanks for account mounts very smart . I wish all companions were account as well hint hint ha ha . I really think we need all the characters in the game Dritz, boo, Wulfgang, etc please let us have these companions that would be so cool. I wonder if we will ever get 2 companions at same time for in game content ? . Most of the other games have this feature but neverwinter

If you play as a warlock you get a shadow puppet and companion. Not that more companions will do much good in the upcoming changes for module 20 in January. As a PC player, I have seen preview enough to know all the companions do minimal damage they are not much more than a distraction after module 20. This doesn't change the game for me, I buy companions based on appearance and not viability.

I play on Champions (PC only game) and Star Trek as well, while Cryptic owns both these games, they don't seem to do much sharing. Champions offers no companions, there are some cheap items that will summon brief fighters for you. While Star Trek offers you full party of 4 companions as your away team that you can order to "stances" of guard, attack, hold position, and whatnot. I felt like they should offer a sidekick in Champions.

As for 3 universal insignia on mounts, I thought the legendary and mythic offered at least 2 universal slots?

Just killing time...
  • splecj#2251 splecj Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have a mount suggestion.

Problem: When looking at mount equip powers, each specific power doesn’t tell you which specific mount you need to upgrade to max the equip power’s stats. Because you not only have to have 10 mythics to have 100% bolster, AND must have the specific mount at mythic for a specific equip bonus, this is a problem.

Solution: When scrolling over the mount equip power a player wishes to apply, have a dialogue box that specifies the mount and it’s rarity attached to that power.

This way a player can know what mounts to upgrade for specific equip powers for their build. If mount tokens were not such a rare item, this wouldn’t be an issue because a player could just upgrade all the mounts and eventually upgrade the correct mount for that equip power. But I doubt a company would want to leave their players stabbing in the dark for such a key feature in their game.
    With the current state of the game, mounts and companions are key features in the game. More so after the bonding runestone changes. New players are going to have a tough time reaching endgame with so many mounts and companions to upgrade. I think it is necessary to have 2 companion upgrade tokens or 2 mount upgrade tokens as standard drops in dungeons rather than premium drops. A premium drop should be more like 10. It could even stand to have 1 or 2 tokens drop in quest rewards for new players on their journey to level 80.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    @splecj#2251 they would just have to make the rewards for the quest lines unique, otherwise you have veteran players who can finish several areas easily on a new char, get the tokens, delete the char and repeat.
    I think a veteran player would have to ask themselves if spending zen to create and delete characters for quest companion tokens is worth it. Developers could make the amount of tokens received over all a bit less than what a person would spend in the zen market to just buy tokens outright. Thus it would cost more zen to make a character and grind quests for tokens than it would be just to buy tokens for zen in the market.
  • runebear37runebear37 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I just got back into playing after being away for two years. I know a lot has changed, but how do we swap mounts now? I want to change the on I'm using, but I haven't found out how to do it yet. I wasn't sure where to ask this, since I can't post a thread yet. Any help would be appreciated.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,185 Arc User

I just got back into playing after being away for two years. I know a lot has changed, but how do we swap mounts now? I want to change the on I'm using, but I haven't found out how to do it yet. I wasn't sure where to ask this, since I can't post a thread yet. Any help would be appreciated.

Type 'C'. Choose "Mounts" tab. Choose "Current" tab. Click "Appearance". Select the mount you want to ride.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • runebear37runebear37 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I did that, but the appearance option never showed.
  • tommy069#5108 tommy069 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    On the main "Mounts" menu you have three Tab options. "Current", "Stable", and "Insignia Bonuses".
    You want "Current" (on the left)

That opens up a window with an image of your current Mount on the left of the screen.

There are FOUR smaller Tabs/windows on the right of the screen.

Working up from bottom to top...

The Bottom one, ("Movement") allows you to choose/change the Mount Speed.(This defaults to "Gallop," which is the fastest base you can get. Don't change this, unless you want to go slowly...)

The one up from the bottom, ("Equip Power") allows you to choose/change you Mount Equip Power, (Numerical Bonus to stats, etc)

The second one down (Combat Power") allows you to choose/change the Mount Combat Power (AoE attack/Party Buff, etc)

The TOP ONE (Appearance") is the one you want... It allows you to choose/change the Mount itself. Essentially this is a cosmetic change as both the Combat Power AND Equip Bonus can be cherry-picked from any other companions in your stable. There is a (GREEN A) "Change Appearance" button tab on the bottom options. Press the A on your controller to open up your stable and select the one you want.

If that process doesn't work there is a problem.