test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion: Neverwinter, THE INFINITY DUNGEON!!

gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
Add an endless dungeon, populated every group of levels by RNG algorithm, selecting map and environments, with enemies.

The Algorithm would of course be calibrated to try for combinations that would keep it fun and fresh for most people, there would be traps, traps that do a lot of damage if triggered, so bringing a rouge or just not rushing through would be preffered.

Players would be rewarded for every 5 to 10 floors cleared, with rewards increasing the more are cleared per run/day.

A leaderboard reset monthly would show the top 10 runs, with bonus rewards for those in the top 10, and a little extra for the top 5 and 3 spots.

I got this idea by combining the idea of Palace of the Dead from FF14 with old roguelike games, of course some changes would be made from those formulas.

Rewards would need to be something not too OP but still something most players, including more endgame ones would desire. Maybe also some really nice looking cosmetic outfits, for every class, since just about everyone agrees looking cool is a good thing.

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Warrior's health is running out!
    Elf needs food badly!
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

Warrior's health is running out!
    Elf needs food badly!

Well sort of like that, it would be just a never ending series of dungeon floors, increasing in difficulty gradually, after 100 floors or so it would probably take a skilled team to keep going far.
  • Options
    xenocide#6577 xenocide Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Would the mobs from this dungeon be "Infinity Warriors" ?
    Floor 100 boss could be "The Brutal"
  • Options
    The Infinity Dungeon is just a funny name I came up with since it would be theoretically limitless, limited only by the ability of the group to go far.

It could even have a solo mode, which would become insanely challenging later on, and special high scores for solo only runs.