test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A huge concern with combat changes.

flecia#3114 flecia Member Posts: 53 Arc User

From combat changes weblink ...

"As mentioned above, your base damage now comes from your total item level. This means that weapons no longer provide damage. They still provide stats, item level, and equip bonuses as they always have."

Here is my issue.

Assuming Lionheart still gives its over inflated damage bonuses this will just be complete nonsense.
If you take away weapon damage from base weapons scaled as they normally are (aka Blessed and Celestial had more damage than Lionheart before weapon buffs) you will make all weapons not Lionheart useless. The 10% boost will be way to much as a weapon set bonus since there is no other way to boost damage against an equally leveled character.

Solution ... demolish Lionheart weapon set bonuses (and Celsetial ) from giving far to much of a damage boost. To be more inline with other set bonuses. Blessed weapons are a good example of a decent bonus that is not overblown.

Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Ya cause another nerf is what we need right now. You think like the devs. Why not ask for a buff to other sets?
  • flecia#3114 flecia Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Because its much easier to adjust 1 overblown bonus then buff 20+ other weapons for which their set bonuses would be junk.
    Now it is possible that Blessed will have higher IL then a Lionheart, but from what I am reading that will make little to no difference because everything adds IL.

Im not opposed to having "better" bonuses to create demand for a particular weapon, however a bonus discrepancy like this would be far too much. It worked fine when Blessed and Celestial had more base damage (not considering the albaster and etc which were already junk when Lionhearts were out, that new changes would make them even more junk), because the Lionhearts were then in line with those other weapons, but now removing base damage scaling would undo all that.

(I am assuming that Lionhearts bonuses will still reflect 10% damage boost, I could be mistaken here as what could happen is Lionheart bonuses could be complete junk if there no base damage on a weapon 10% of 0 is 0 , time will tell just how this buff will be applied)

• vastano#2343 vastano Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    lets be honest if the changes stay as they are now THE ONLY weapon in the game to have will be lionheart
    but good luck trying to find anyone to run it with
    as for celestial set that is completely obselete
  • mwkmwk Member Posts: 401 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Base damage now comes from your total item level. This means that weapons no longer provide damage. They still provide stats, item level, and equip bonuses as they always have.

My response: I clearly don't understand item level equals base damage?! Cryptic this an awful move! Make changes and all Cryptic does is create panic mode for customers. Clearly I have the feeling this going to be fail! People are going to be like 'WHAT' and leave, even new players! Stop creating stressful moves! This is MOD 16 all over again! Leave the game alone! Want honest truth? I played Perfect World International back in day. Want to know how it's still alive Cryptic? Fashion, mounts, pets, and etc. For once create 'Art' not nonsense and stress with combat changes. For years and years PWE knows how to sell attention of customers grasp. Those flight wings, made people buy! There are player concerns that Cryptic is money grabbing us to improve our characters. Honestly I don't want to think that and it can't be true. Learn from PWE and the displays are true art. Stop changing the gameplay! It's stressful enough for the company and players with these constant dramatic changes! Why even?! Have I convinced Cryptic yet?! Please leave the game alone and ignore the changes! Keep the companion changes though.

If I can't run any content starting out with this patch and I die easy, I have a legitimate reason to be angry! Everyone does. So I'm sucking in and hopefully this change is good, otherwise it's just a waste. My advice is just to drop stat changes!

Look what customers are stating as comments on YouTube. 'Neverwinter stat changes'.

This percentage number thing is absolutely ridiculous to look at!

An hour to do a short dungeon? I've heard and/or seen. Makes me disgusted. I'm just skeptical at this point and it's confusing for me to even test on preview server.

Also my old [Bronzewood Sash] 700 item level belt gear is better because I don't need accuracy and critical avoidance from 902-980 gear [Chained Restraints]. It's because my higher item level belt doesn't give the stats I need to do damage. So 'DEFINE' item level equals base damage. Item level equals base damage doesn't make any sense! It's nonsense! Plus the 1200 item level pant gear is worse on defense, when my 1010 pants are better. Awkward. Does more item level raise hit points? Ok let's just raise the HP to a ridiculous high amount and make everyone hit weak-like we don't know? Seems like nonsense, because what exactly is the speculation coming from with item level means base damage?

Please explain item level equals base damage.

EDIT: I'm just really concerned on outcome from this patch. Sorry.
    Post edited by mwk on
  • sirius#2093 sirius Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Hello,

So today I continued to a level 70 guardian fighter TANK character and raised it to lvl 80 today and i hit a Valindra dungeon for some seals, I had my hopes on 1 skill, 1 skill on the TANK class that still remained: Knights Valor.

OH BOY imagine my surprise I first used the skill and realized that it was nerfed to a pile of garbage.
    I think this games developers made some weird <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> changes in the past that lead to this to happen. One of the examples is the new upcoming changes that will nerf us to the ground again in order to "enjoy" same overused content a little harder this time (ex: mirrored maps to save time - cool cool).

I am not saying changes are bad, but you really have to think about the direction you take them. Overhauling the full system and actually NERFING player characters is not appreciated by anyone in my opinion.

Some issues that altered the game for the worst for me were:
    1. Giving classes some skills and then removing them: ex: Shield push of the tank to GWF - then removing it (because you think that it was funny or some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>)

2. Moving encounter powers to paragon trees:
    You get way less customization options like this, and some skills on characters are useless, some feats you never use for example. They are there to fill space.

3. Making changes to core mechanics and skills and saying oh this will be better but in the background NERFING the players and making them "enjoy" the same content harder.

4. Incorrect balancing of the classes: Seems like some of the DEVS like the paladin class that's why they nerfed GF tank fully to the ground: removing the ability to mark, removing skills making class based <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, nerfing other skills like knights valor whos is reduced to a pile of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> now.

The list goes on... The new changes will be directed to making us buy more mounts and companions from the store with huge sales in order to keep up, but dontttt worry, when we will (or you will) catch up they will overhaul everything again, nerf all the players and the cycle will start anew.

I am sorry for my rant, I've been an old on and off player from beta days but the way I see it this resetting nerfing cycle is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, and I personally will not take part in it anymore.

Regards
    edited December 2020
    From what I know armor penetration is critical severity replaced on insignias; that's fine I guess? Still what is item level equals base damage? Seems ridiculous and I'm still waiting for a reasonable explanation!
    Post edited by mwk on
    edited December 2020
    This worries me a lot. The mention of unable to do any content (most of people on preview). It's so so? IDK seems like fail.

[video]https://youtu.be/nQSgmssioiA[/video]