test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Airshipwreck (Patrol)

greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
The ship failed to fully render making getting the chests off it problematic.

@nitocris83
I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.

Comments

• underhand001underhand001 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    To some up this issue, it would seem that when you go into this quest that the air ship part of this quest in the back the layers are off and you can not get up to kill or get the chest where the air ship is. There seems to be a layer issue, dont know how something like this got so messed up if you all did not work on this.
  • dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Yep just came here to report this. The ship is FUBAR, one chest is floating in the air with no way to get to it, and all the parts of the wrecks are out of alignment so you can't go up the ramps like normal.

Edit: The beach section of pillaging the pirates and out-pirate the pirates is also messed up. When you get the the half wreck that's sometimes also a cave entrance the roof beams are hovering just above the ground.
    Post edited by dominious12 on
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    The shipwreck assets in general are massively screwed up. It messes with Airshipwreck, Pillaging the Pirates, and Out-Pirate the Pirates quests. In certain circumstances it makes Airshipwreck impossible to complete.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks folks - I'm escalating for investigation.
  • hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    @nitocris83 these type of issues would never happen, if the 3D maps where static and not dynamic. I don't see a point to having them dynamic to this degree. Once an adventure zone map is made, do you really need to make changes that often? Making these structures in the maps static, would not only increase integrity during patches and upgrade, the map load time would be reduced as well.

Just my thoughts.
  • award9award9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 87 Arc User
    I tried to do this Patrol today and it still isn't working right. I was only able to get to 2/3 of the weapon chests.
  • cluster1022#4252 cluster1022 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Happy New Year!!!

Just chiming in to confirm that this instance is still problematic on my PS4 in 2021.

Perhaps a developer can take a minute or two to play this instance to understand what the problems are. Most issues are with the first section of the airship that I try to clear.

1) The instance itself is frequently too dark to even be able to see what you're doing. Perhaps figure out how to add a setting to allow players to adjust the ambient lighting at will? (You don't just have 15-year-olds with perfect eyesight playing.) Or let us carry torches or another light source, like they do in World of Warcraft.
    2) Often mobs get "stuck" in the structure of the ship (due to incomplete and failed rendering), and you're unable to target them, but my character still engages with them, so I can't do anything else, like collect chests, until I can disengage. Usually the "I'm Stuck/Defeat Me" option works for that, but not always. After I rez at the campfire, the instance regens and the stuck mob is free to combat now.
    3) The ship renders horribly. This hasn't always been the case. There used to be floors and ramps or stairs I could walk up. Now I'm forced to try to walk along exposed beams to climb to the upper levels of the ship, which is challenging, to say the least (especially when it's too dark), and you can only access the lowest deck. Just now the chest I was after was three levels above me, with no way to get up to it. Sometimes, the chest is just floating in the air above the lower decks. It's really weird.

I hate abandoning quests, but this is by far my Most-Abandoned quest in history.

Help me, Obi Wan Kenobi! You're my only hope!
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Abandon and restarting it can cause it reset to one of the other 2 setting for it. I agree the nighttime raid can be difficult to see at times.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.