test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[FINAL UPDATE] Maintenance and Patch 10/22/2020

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
edited October 2020 in News & Announcements
Update October 26

For PS4 Only
Masquerade of Liars ends Monday, November 9 at 10am PST. Please Note that the last chance vendor has not been extended and will end on November 12 at 10am PST.

Journal Pages for the Storyteller's Journal artifacts will be available until Monday, November 2 at 10am PST.

Update October 25

PS4 will have maintenance tomorrow, October 26, with a content update including the Masquerade of Liars and ToO Artifact Pages.

Update October 22, 4:55pm PT

PS4 will have a restart-only maintenance tomorrow. We hope to have the build available next week which will include the Masquerade of Liars event and the ToO Artifact Pages. We will continue to provide updates on scheduling and extensions/new end dates. We appreciate your patience in this matter.

PC and Xbox will undergo maintenance tomorrow, October 22, starting at 7am PT until 9am PT. The patch for PS4 is delayed at this time; the ToO Artifact Pages and the Masquerade of Liars event will not be available on PS4 tomorrow. We will provide an update on availability (and new end dates) as soon as we have more information.

Patch Notes discussion thread for PC can be found here.

Patch Notes discussion thread for Xbox can be found here.
Post edited by nitocris83 on

Comments

• bumhug#4005 bumhug Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    Just wondering, what the reason may be? Please understand, a customer (we are all your customer) can live with delayed delivery. But he can live better with it, when he knows the reason. Just a kind hint. You can use this hint for all communication. The hopefully upcoming changes to wizard class, for example.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

Just wondering, what the reason may be? Please understand, a customer (we are all your customer) can live with delayed delivery. But he can live better with it, when he knows the reason. Just a kind hint. You can use this hint for all communication. The hopefully upcoming changes to wizard class, for example.

There were third party issues with the build certification process.
  • jeremytheman232jeremytheman232 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    > @bumhug#4005 said:
    > Just wondering, what the reason may be? Please understand, a customer (we are all your customer) can live with delayed delivery. But he can live better with it, when he knows the reason. Just a kind hint. You can use this hint for all communication. The hopefully upcoming changes to wizard class, for example.

Console isnt as easy to change as pc. Like all sales for zen have to go through Microsoft or Sony and be approved they cant just do a discount at will. Theres alot extra when it comes to consoles and the things they request. Hotfixs are a slight exception but major changes are difficult.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User

> @bumhug#4005 said:

> Just wondering, what the reason may be? Please understand, a customer (we are all your customer) can live with delayed delivery. But he can live better with it, when he knows the reason. Just a kind hint. You can use this hint for all communication. The hopefully upcoming changes to wizard class, for example.

Console isnt as easy to change as pc. Like all sales for zen have to go through Microsoft or Sony and be approved they cant just do a discount at will. Theres alot extra when it comes to consoles and the things they request. Hotfixs are a slight exception but major changes are difficult.

There was just a news story how Sony wasn't allowing certain game companies to discount their own products on PSN or the PlayStaion store. It's a mess.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • forthegoddess1forthegoddess1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Ok but with both events going once live are we going to get the full time that pc gets for mount obtain or faction events? I get there are issues at times tho it wouldn't be fair if we don't get same time etc. Being that it will be late this will push players who are working avernus milestone hard with 3 events going in the same time.
  • bumhug#4005 bumhug Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Thanks everyone for your time to answer my question.
  • zeolite#7087 zeolite Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    After reviewing the updates in this thread I have to ask a series of serious questions: As this is clearly not the first time you have updated the software for ps4 platform it truly begs the question: Why was the certification of the build for third party not begun sooner? Your team must have been aware of any complications both with the platform and the process why was this not taken into account? Once it was realized that there were issues your team had not prepared for why was the decision made to split the community and push the update to 2/3rds of it instead of holding the whole update until it was resolved? The optics of this point to poor decision making and leadership and quite frankly "third party issues" means "we did not submit on time"
  • zeolite#7087 zeolite Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @autumnwitch said:
    > (Quote)
    > There was just a news story how Sony wasn't allowing certain game companies to discount their own products on PSN or the PlayStaion store. It's a mess.

So in other words things that could have 100% been prepared for had they in any way shape or form learned anything from the apple fortnite debacle...
  • chaos3288to18#6257 chaos3288to18 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Will PS4 users get something special for being put on the back burner?
  • burnahbros#7516 burnahbros Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    @zeolite your comment is full of assumptions and you know what they say about assumptions? I think you are taking this personal because you are on PS4. It's not personal dude lol. It's obviously Sony's fault for the delay. You are completely misguided by placing the blame on Cryptic for this one. You could just as easily blame yourself with your reasoning and logic. If I use your logic then you should have known better than to not switch platforms to a platform that doesn't have these issues but even after seeing what a mess the PS store is you refused to learn and switch to Xbox or PC. This whole thing was 100% avoidable on your part if only you had learned to be prepared. Now obviously it's ridiculous to blame you for not switching platforms as it is equally ridiculous to blame Cryptic for issues that are 100% clearly the fault of Sony and Playstation. The fact that the build was certified on Xbox proves that is was not an issue of Cryptic not submitting things on time. It clearly is Sony that dropped the ball and who you should be complaining to and airing your grievances towards.
  • burnahbros#7516 burnahbros Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    @choas3288to18 you should be asking Playstation and Sony to be compensating you for any delay as it is their fault and their fault alone. Let's imagine we still live in a world where you pick up video games in person. Now imagine you go to the store and the game you want is not there. The company made the game and shipped it to other stores but this store dropped the ball on their end. Now do you blame the company or the store who dropped the ball? Would you ask the company to compensate you because the store didn't do their job and make the order for the game? Or do you ask the store, who was responsible, to make things right. In this hypothetical the store would not do anything and your only recourse would be to stop giving them business and go but the game at one of the store that does have it in stock. I personally would not continue to support a platform that constantly makes these mistakes and switch to a more reliable platform like PC or Xbox.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,133 Arc User
    Thank you for the update.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • wyldernesswylderness Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I can't find the right category for this comment but for those of us who have been Vip 12 for years and years, and everybody who is not VIP 12, all players, I have this observation: In SWToR as a paying subscriber we receive 500 or 600 credits a month, (credits =zen in Neverwinter) but in Neverwinter for buying vip every month for years, we get no bonus zen per month and I just don't think it is fair considering the amount of $ spent in this game, the 1000 zen bonus for buying 100$ of zen is pathetic ... should be at least 5000 to be fair to people who pay for zen with $ ... You developers should really consider this for the benefit of all the disable vets in this game because there are hundreds of us disabled vets playing this game. Why? Because we are disabled and on a set fixed income that isn't even close to a living wage.... thank god for wives who love us because cryptic sure doesn't ..
  • jaytee82#3608 jaytee82 Member Posts: 1 New User
    So we have "We will be performing shard maintenance on November 5 from 7-9:30 AM Pacific (15:00-17:30 UTC). Please check the forums." yet there is no announcement in the forums? Was there a pressing reason to schedule this to cut off the last few hours of the Masquerade of Liars event?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited November 2020

So we have "We will be performing shard maintenance on November 5 from 7-9:30 AM Pacific (15:00-17:30 UTC). Please check the forums." yet there is no announcement in the forums? Was there a pressing reason to schedule this to cut off the last few hours of the Masquerade of Liars event?

If you are in PC, it is the weekly schedule, happens every Thursday, same time. Almost every event ends on Thursday. So, this is 'normal'. The message is the same copy and paste message for every week.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kotoko#5870 kotoko Member Posts: 6 Arc User

If you are in PC, it is the weekly schedule, happens every Thursday, same time. Almost every event ends on Thursday. So, this is 'normal'. The message is the same copy and paste message for every week.
    While maintenance on Thursday is normal, there is usually plenty of play time between the end of maintenance and the time at which the events change over. Today maintenance has continued over the end of the event, so unexpectedly there was no opportunity to finalise quests after work.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

While maintenance on Thursday is normal, there is usually plenty of play time between the end of maintenance and the time at which the events change over. Today maintenance has continued over the end of the event, so unexpectedly there was no opportunity to finalise quests after work.
    I would never count on that 'extra' one or two hours. I consider that as bonus if there is still a gap of play time. I would say more than 50% of time, it does not especially on the day of event ends.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • bbernartt#8330 bbernartt Member Posts: 5 Arc User

I would never count on that 'extra' one or two hours. I consider that as bonus if there is still a gap of play time. I would say more than 50% of time, it does not especially on the day of event ends.
    At first, the announcement said the maintenance was going to be carried from 15 to 17:30 UTC. Then, it changed to 18:00 UTC. Now, it's already 18:15 UTC, and no news. I think the maintenance team is located in Nevada, haha.
    Oops. Now they've updated the maintenance ending time to 19:00 UTC.
  • tola#3980 tola Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    20? rly?
    Yep, now it's 20:00 UTC. I think we can all stop waiting and just come back tomorrow.
  • battleaxe115#6180 battleaxe115 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    UH, any idea when it's coming back up, since it now says 12 on my launcher? Please?
  • wolfer#1980 wolfer Member Posts: 1 New User
    this feels like one of those times were a small issue turned into a huge project, the poor maintenance people.
  • battleaxe115#6180 battleaxe115 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    kotoko, I've never had a 7am-12 noon maint before. Must be something real bad wrong.
  • fernandoeliseifernandoelisei Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    caracas
    Wipe server ? lol
  • ozmosus42#0590 ozmosus42 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    They could atleast update everyone as to what is going on..........
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    No news on Twitter...
    Maybe they have to deliberate if the relaunch of servers is legal or not, or if a tech guy has made some frauds during the reboot...
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • deerproblem#8131 deerproblem Member Posts: 1 New User
    Please give your users any update. Anything at all Arc, please. I spent money on this game for the first time today and am now wondering if I've made a terrible mistake.
  • pikardoopikardoo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    now its 1 pm
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Last update from the launcher: One hour to wait more at least...
    Great level of communication and respect for the community...
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
This discussion has been closed.