test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Another visual bug - (Divine) Vorpal

centurio#5091 centurio Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Since today's patch the Divine Vorpal has another visual bug. (glowing halo that looks strange)
At least I hope that this is not intended. :disappointed:

And the Vorpal bug in gerneral, disappearing visual when dismounted via pressing shift, still persists. This had already been reported
at an earlier point but I just wanted to set a friendly reminder.

I hope that you can fix these bugs in the near future as it took me and quite a lot of other players a considerable amount of time to
get this enchantment.

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    What rank is the Divine Vorpal at?
  • centurio#5091 centurio Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    It's a rank 14. I have also seen holy vorpals with the same problem.

And I would like to add that the flash effect when hitting an enemy also occurs which was not the case before the patch.
    This was actually a reason for many players to get/buy a divine/holy vorpal. It's simply easier on the eyes.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I thought it was supposed to be a feature, a halo with the holy vorpal. I have one but haven't seen it. I figured it was because I was dragonborn and nothing ever works with the db for some reason. (mine is r14 too)
    edited October 2020
    There is another point that I do not understand. In contrast to the newest top 100 reward (Zariel companion) it is bound to account. In my own personal opinion this is not fair. As the top 100 reward is quite hard to achieve I would not mind if they were unbound. It is just the fact that it should be equal for all milestone top 100 rewards.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hi @centurio#5091 ! I received clarification on the visuals - the Divine Vorpal has the halo, the Holy Vorpal does not.
    edited October 2020
    @nitocris83 thx for your answer, any chance that this gets removed? haha It looked much better in the pre-patch state. :( I'm well aware of the fact that I'm not representative for all the other 99 players who got it but... I know at least one more who has the same opinion. @malistaire#9098 pls help me haha
    Post edited by centurio#5091 on
  • zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    @nitocris83
    Are you sure that the Holy Vorpal isnt suppossed to have a Halo? Because I am guessing this glowing round circle thing is the halo?
    https://imgur.com/a/3BKv6Ch
    This "glowing round circle" is the exact problem I've been writing about. Be it the divine or the holy vorpal - both have it.
    And as far as I am concerned I would like to see this feature removed. In my opinion it looked very good in the pre-patch state.
  • fhtagnshagguaah#8444 fhtagnshagguaah Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    I for one Like the Halo on My Orbs...

but there are certain Weapons that don't show the halo, like the Ascendant Weapons from River District.

edited October 2020
    On orbs, yes. In my opinion on all the other weapon types, no. :)

One thing is quite sure - another considerable amount of time wasted. Lesson learned, hopefully. :(

The released GIF in the first dev blog didn't show that glowing bubble. If it had shown it I would not have farmed the enchant. That's a fact. Changing the visual afterwards, which is acutally the only reason for getting these premium versions, is not a good idea.
  • zagrim#6754 zagrim Member Posts: 144 Arc User

This "glowing round circle" is the exact problem I've been writing about. Be it the divine or the holy vorpal - both have it.
    And as far as I am concerned I would like to see this feature removed. In my opinion it looked very good in the pre-patch state.

Yeah I know the holy vorpal have always had it. I just reacted to him writing this:
    "I received clarification on the visuals - the Divine Vorpal has the halo, the Holy Vorpal does not"

So is it an error that the holy vorpal has the halo? I would hope so since thats what he said. And hopefully they will remove the absolutely horrible halo on holy vorpal (and should remove it on the divine vorpal too)