test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

indomitable runestone

so or this rune stone supose to make dmg ? or give aditional dmg for your companion?
BABY ZARIEL.... 270k base HUNTER

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

so or this rune stone supose to make dmg ? or give aditional dmg for your companion?

For companion to do more damage.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • elderislt#1066 elderislt Member Posts: 146 Arc User

For companion to do more damage.
    but its make dmg at moment, on ACT i see swarm dmg, another cikin dmg, and indomitable dmg
    What does the raw data in the combat log say? That should tell you what trigger it.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    ok its looks like wat
    Swarm —5mil dmg
    Rake —415k dmg
    Bite—310k dmg
    Indomitable runestone— 55k dmg

its mean indomitable runestone make own dmg , i use only 1 rank 11 so dmg is not big, but then you think about 6 of them rank 15....
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2020
    The damage is independently logged, so yes, it creates damage. Programming-wise it may not act like damage though. Things like this were probably set that way for simplicity and for better troubleshooting/feedback. A total lack of consensus exists regarding companion damage boosts.
    • It is written in numerous locations that 2 indomitable stones at the same rank dont stack. I believe this is false.
    • It has been written that Warlords 20% damage insignia bonus also boosts the damage of these stones. Not sure on this.
    • It has been written that multiple Warlords insignia bonuses (after the first) add 5% damage, but others say they retain 20%, while others say they dont stack at all. (i have not researched yet)
    • The re-usable item "Lliira's Bell of Empowerment" has no data on the internet. It has a 120 second cooldown & adds 20% extra companion damage. Time of effect is unknown, but i think it is constant. I am not sure if it acts like a Warlord's insignia bonus, or if it even works at all.

The damage is independently logged, so yes, it creates damage. Programming-wise it may not act like damage though. Things like this were probably set that way for simplicity and for better troubleshooting/feedback. A total lack of consensus exists regarding companion damage boosts.

• It is written in numerous locations that 2 indomitable stones at the same rank dont stack. I believe this is false.
    • It has been written that Warlords 20% damage insignia bonus also boosts the damage of these stones. Not sure on this.
    • It has been written that multiple Warlords insignia bonuses (after the first) add 5% damage, but others say they retain 20%, while others say they dont stack at all. (i have not researched yet)
    • The re-usable item "Lliira's Bell of Empowerment" has no data on the internet. It has a 120 second cooldown & adds 20% extra companion damage. Time of effect is unknown, but i think it is constant. I am not sure if it acts like a Warlord's insignia bonus, or if it even works at all.
    i am just intersting or it supose to do dmg, or it supose give x% dmg for comp :3
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    When companion does damage, the indomitable runestone deals separately the additional percentage. So, when your companion does 100 dmg, right after the hit you can see "indomitable runestone deals 11 dmg" (assuming the runestone is supposed to do 11% dmg.

This is why the warlords inspiration somehow works - it adds 20% to the base hit (=120 in our case), and then the indo rune does 11% out of that... which is 13 in our case. Similarly you can count the bell damage bonus - you simply increase the base input number that goes for the rune damage formula, you do not touch the percentage.
    (here I would like to say that stacking multiple warlords inspirations used to provide diminishing returns... but that is observation based, I doubt any dev ever said how it is supposed to work)

With multiple runes the percentage does not stack, but works separately (=you get the same result, it is just accounted separately.) If you have 2 of those runes, for one companion 100 hit there will be two 11 dmg runestone hits.

The indo runes have serious problem with DoT. If your companion causes DoT, only the first hit gets the bonus strike from the rune. It literally works like a normal weapon enchantment in this account.
    edited October 2020

ok its looks like wat
    Swarm —5mil dmg
    Rake —415k dmg
    Bite—310k dmg
    Indomitable runestone— 55k dmg

its mean indomitable runestone make own dmg , i use only 1 rank 11 so dmg is not big, but then you think about 6 of them rank 15....

That is not the "raw data in the combat log" I referred to.
    This is the raw data I talked about:

[16:25] [Combat (Self)] Your Siege Guy deals 1535 (4555) Physical Damage to Target Dummy with Shield Wall.

[16:25] [Combat (Self)] Your Siege Guy deals 80 (237) Physical Damage to Target Dummy with Indomitable Runestone.

[16:25] [Combat (Self)] Your Siege Guy deals 3512 (5208) Physical Damage to Target Dummy with Shield Wall.

[16:25] [Combat (Self)] Your Siege Guy deals 183 (271) Physical Damage to Target Dummy with Indomitable Runestone.

[16:25] [Combat (Self)] Your Siege Guy deals 3391 (5029) Physical Damage to Target Dummy with Shield Wall.

[16:25] [Combat (Self)] Your Siege Guy deals 88 (262) Physical Damage to Target Dummy with Indomitable Runestone.

The Indomitable runestone I put in to do the test is rank 8 with +5.2%.

1535 x 5.2% = 79.82 = 80.

"Seige Guy" is the companion.

ACT is a 3rd party program to do its own presentation (its own way to do the description) to interpret raw data. It does not tell you or tell you enough how that was 'triggered'. You need to check the combat log.

Edit: However, I don't understand what happened to the last 2 entries. How did 3391 only produce 88????
    Post edited by plasticbat on
    Auu ok now I see ty:)