test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chat box issues (PC)

swmeyersswmeyers Member Posts: 10 Arc User
edited September 2020 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
It's been a couple of weeks since I was last in game, but logging in this week I have noticed that I am not seeing any 'Zone' or 'Say' chat messages and few to any messages in 'Alliances.' All 'System' and other game related chats are fine. Has something changed to cause this or is it something else? I have tried checking the boxes on and off several times and even reset everything back to defaults and nothing helps. Looking for other suggestions and/or help. Thanks
Post edited by swmeyers on

Comments

• nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    @swmeyers There are additional chat options via in game, press ESC, Option, Interface, Chat. I suggest reset that to default as well.

Then go to your chat screen, select a chat tab, and go to the chat options (gear icon top left of your chat screen) and make sure all the chat channels you want to see are selected for that specific tab.

Hope this will help.
  • swmeyersswmeyers Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    nic1985 I have tried that as well, still nothing. Starting to sound like I may have to file a trouble ticket or "shudder" reload the entire game. :# I even though it may just be an issue with my desktop, but my laptop has the same issues.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    Did you check your ignore list?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Did you check your ignore list?

Nope, not a ignore issue so I am still at a lost.

• hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    What OS are you using, since module 18 appeared Linux Crossover cannot maintain a link with chat server after switching characters. Also mail cannot be sent as it results in an Internal Chat Server Error message. The workaround for this issue is to logout and login fresh. The chat and mail system then works for the first character entered. But switching causes the same issue to arise.

Go to a mail box and try to mail, see if you get the error message and be sure to inform us of your current OS.
    edited October 2020

What OS are you using, since module 18 appeared Linux Crossover cannot maintain a link with chat server after switching characters. Also mail cannot be sent as it results in an Internal Chat Server Error message. The workaround for this issue is to logout and login fresh. The chat and mail system then works for the first character entered. But switching causes the same issue to arise.

Go to a mail box and try to mail, see if you get the error message and be sure to inform us of your current OS.

I am using Windows 10 and I have this issue even when I log in fresh. Will have to try the mail system and see what happens. Will let you know. And everything was working fine, even under Mod 18, then one day, nothing. No error messages, no notice, no nothing on the chat channels.
    Well my chat issues have been fixed thanks to GM Zildross. I am posting the fix here since Cryptic has stated this is affecting more then just me.

Hello Adventurer,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I've read the details and I'm sorry to learn that you're having trouble with the game's chat system. I'd be more than happy to help! It's possible that your chat has not been whitelisted, which prevents you from seeing other players' chat in the General, Zone, or other channels available. Please try to use the chat command "Whitelist_Chat" and enter the value "0" on your chat window to whitelist your chat. After doing this, check to see if there are any changes or if it resolved your issue. Should you need further assistance with this, let me know and I'll be glad to help you out.

Enjoy your adventures in Neverwinter!
    Regards,
    GM Zildross
    Game Master

In a follow up email back to me he stated the following after I reported his suggested fix did indeed work.

Hello Adventurer,

Thank you for writing back, and I'm glad it went well for you!

Upon review of your concern, I see that we have received similar reports from other affected players regarding the chat's visibility during the time. Our development team is aware of the issue and working on a fix. When we have more information about this issue, we will be sure to let the community know through our official news page and forums. My apologies again for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you need assistance with anything else, don’t hesitate to contact us again by sending a newer ticket as we’re always here to help.

Your continued support and patronage is appreciated.
    Regards,
    GM Zildross
    Game Master