test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wings mount

2»

Comments

• c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    A community event or a bit of marketing on a platform that's more active than the forums can be seen as a good thing for people, since it promotes the game and those things are not uncommon practice marketing-wise.

NDA, however, doesn't allow talking about future projects and things that are still in the development. And both aren't in clash to which I've stated here. This should be obvious to you that even if someone is advertising an event, they still can't talk about the technicalities as it might hurt the NDA.

"Can't say"
    "Not at liberty to say"
    "Not my place to say"

Stuff like that + talking to a general audience i.e. representing a game/company will of course end up with choosing what to say. Just because they might not be at liberty of saying something, that doesn't mean that we shouldn't keep asking and get the attention of those that CAN answer simply because we are the playerbase and we aren't restrained by any means nor are we misbehaving for asking for some information.

No I don't agree, if they want to make it a surprise and do it that way, it's their prerogative. As much as you seem to think you are entitled to something, this is their game not yours. Yes, we do pay for it, play it, and can quit if we want, but it is still not our game... Your tantrum on this thread is equivalent to walking into a pizza parlor and demanding they make you a cheeseburger.

"No I dOn'T aGrEe" - LOL

Well, I tried to be reasonable with you but you want to keep with slandering and personal attacks.
    There is zero case of entitlement in this topic, you're acting as if I'm breaking a line for bread or some HAMSTER like that lol. Get real!

This topic is asking for developers to get more involved and/or players to share information that they have regarding the Celestial Wings. I'm not asking for Celestial Wings to drop into my pocket, so relax, drink some water, smoke a cig or similar xD

Several players are very concerned with more than just the wings, like-say the companion that shows up in collections and looks like a BIS replacement for Xuna, her name is Zariel. If this event is over and I never see the wings or Zariel, then I will speak up

I hope that you don't speak up as you can't really convey a decent argument to begin with, let alone prove a point. :-1:

but right now you are correct in assuming that you oppose the status quo, and that most of us don't want them to ruin the event because you, the squeeky wheel, can't quit crying about how your time is so precious, while you spend hours trying to belittle other Neverwinter players on the forums.

LOL

I gave you multiple links that are not slightly ambiguous

None of your links prove anything that wasn't already explained by 2nd poster, as I already explained in one of my previous posts. LOL

that won't be content for you, all you want is a dev to cry to. You should have never opened up a forum post, instead you should have emailed support to begin with, but I imagine you did and they blew you off as well. With that I am done with this topic.

Let us hope that you are done with the topic as you're far from realization of any sort regarding any of this.

"You will ruin the event because you opened a topic on the forum asking questions" <---- And then calls me a sqeeky and entitled. Dang, son. Drink water asap!
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
    arazith07 said:

Legendary mounts are no longer as rare as they used to be, starting tomorrow. This isn't even the first legendary mount available as a reward from something in-game. The Celestial Warhorse is available after just a few Hell pit events to everyone. Beholder Tank from Day of the Dungeon master is a reward from a very easy dungeon and has been available for most of this game's life.

That's just wishful thinking and as much as I'd like that to be true, at the same time I wouldn't like it to be true as it simply gives a lot for no effort involved.

Beholder tank had a horrible RNG.

Celestial Warhorse from Hell Pit needed a full commitment and several runs. In comparison, if Celestial Wings become as easily obtainable it'd be like completing phase three of Hell Pit for 5 days + you'd be able to go with friends, too, to make it easier.

As much as I'd like to believe that to be reasonable and true, history with dealing with Neverwinter stuff led me to conclude that it will never, ever, be that easy, unless it is something to claim.

With that being said, I would gladly like to be proven wrong, but I doubt that Celestial mount will be purchasable for Zariel's Favor indefinitely or for a low sum of 20k ZF.
    True Neutral
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    I doubt the wings will be purchased from ZF as well, but we simply do not know how they will be obtained yet. Legendaries mounts will be just as common as legendary companions once the mount update hits the server. It works on the same system, just changing companion tokens to mount tokens and that's how easy it will be to get a legendary mount. Sure the sources of the tokens will be different, but we already know that they will be purchasable on the zen store, and can be obtained from events.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited September 2020
    "The Celestial Warhorse is available after just a few Hell pit events to everyone."
    The only people with that Celestial Warhorse are those that exploited a glitch. Those, who did not, taking into account how often the event is held... they might get the horse in about 2 or 3 years. Assuming the event will actually return - and they will be around every time the event returns.

"Beholder Tank from Day of the Dungeon master is a reward from a very easy dungeon and has been available for most of this game's life."
    Well, this year the event already got knifed. Anyway, the legendary mount apparently used to drop there, but I heard you can get something different than a black opal from most of the dungeons as well.
    Once the odds are low enough, there is no point in having your hopes up. I have run "that easy dungeon" quite a few times - however, after a couple of days of grind the only thing I got was aversion to the event.

To sum it up... if the wings will take inspiration from those two events, I will just laugh and move on. =)
    arazith07 said:

but we simply do not know how they will be obtained yet.

I'm sorry, you really seem like a nice person, but so far you can really create a religion out of this sentence in this topic. It could be a mantra of sorts. :>

Again, the topic is about trying to find out. We're not satisfied with "don't know, don't care" status quo. Hopefully you do not believe, too, that I'm opening a Pandora's Box here :)))
    True Neutral

arazith07 said:

but we simply do not know how they will be obtained yet.

I'm sorry, you really seem like a nice person, but so far you can really create a religion out of this sentence in this topic. It could be a mantra of sorts. :>

Again, the topic is about trying to find out. We're not satisfied with "don't know, don't care" status quo. Hopefully you do not believe, too, that I'm opening a Pandora's Box here :)))
    It's not a "don't know, don't care" status quo. Developers have every right to not tell us anything simply because someone demands to know it. They have a plan for releasing information. Continuing to ask them will not make them give you the answer you seek any faster. Everyone wants to know, but they repeatedly have said that they aren't going to tell us YET. Asking multiple times and expecting a different result is a weird expectation, is it not?
    arazith07 said:

It's not a "don't know, don't care" status quo.

Ummmmm... Yes it is. We're in a status Quo as we don't know how to obtain the Celestial Wings mount, and we don't know anything regarding what might change or not. That's the status quo. And you like status quo, apparently. Politicians also like when rioters don't go out on the street to express their discontent.
    arazith07 said:

Developers have every right to not tell us anything simply because someone demands to know it.

Why are you perpetuating this as a "demand" to know it? Nobody here is DEMANDING anything lol.

Again, how is this a bad thing to say?

"You don't have to achieve rank top 100 4 times in a row to get a mount"

Better yet, why are you defending developers on that? Do they need someone like you to defend them? lol
    I just don't get you.
    arazith07 said:

They have a plan for releasing information.

And you know this by looking into your crystal ball? Again, that's just you projecting. In my opinion they automated the event and went out to do some better things than meddle with NWO's community lol.
    arazith07 said:

Continuing to ask them will not make them give you the answer you seek any faster.

It did before given enough interested parties. At some point they are bound to acknowledge that there is an oversight. No matter the outcome now, there will be angry people.

a) Angry people who farmed top 100 x4 times hoping to get a Mount.
    b) Angry people who didn't farm top 100 x4 times and didn't get a Mount.

And this could've been avoided with a simple sentence:

"You needn't be top 100 in all four milestones to get a legendary mount"

OR

"You need to compete and achieve top 100 four times in a row in order to get a legendary mount"

That's it. Thousands of players saved from a grindfest.
    arazith07 said:

Everyone wants to know, but they repeatedly have said that they aren't going to tell us YET. Asking multiple times and expecting a different result is a weird expectation, is it not?

No, it is not. Asking multiple times shows interest, especially when it is on their official forums outside of

a) Nova's video
    b) Reddit

If everyone wants to know, they should start opening topics so that we can get some information RATHER than to feed the status quo from an earlier post that goes

"We don't know, we don't care to know".

I care to know, if you don't care to know or won't ask that's your business and I bid you farewell. But I won't let you belittle my attempt to ask the question you deem unnecessary to ask. You're not a moderator, not staff member and not any authority on the matter. With that in mind, I have no idea why do you even care and once again, you're not helping by doing so.
    True Neutral
    There is a huge difference between caring to know something, but being patient until the authorities that be release the info and with not caring at all. Everything isn't black and white there are in betweens.

Every game developing studio makes plans on releasing information, this is common knowledge. No crystal ball required.

Considering the Devs have been answering questions about the event, especially when new content comes out, I doubt very much they are on "automation". So far, you have been the only person that I know of who ever thought there might be a reward for being in the top 100 for all four milestones. This is not a common thought, so why would the devs specifically say anything about that especially when it's not asked of them directly?
    edited September 2020
    arazith07 said:

There is a huge difference between caring to know something, but being patient until the authorities that be release the info and with not caring at all. Everything isn't black and white there are in betweens.

Every game developing studio makes plans on releasing information, this is common knowledge. No crystal ball required.

But the history of Neverwinter teaches us that some mistakes are repeated, in fact repeated so constantly and consistently that they require a commitment of sorts. There is a well captured motto that goes something like "It is broken until proven otherwise" in relation to the new content. This is the reputation that's being harbored right now by a very big chunk of the playerbase.

Also, I can't get over the fact that you called game developers an "AUTHORITY". It is just... no. Don't do that. It's cringe.
    arazith07 said:

Considering the Devs have been answering questions about the event, especially when new content comes out, I doubt very much they are on "automation". So far, you have been the only person that I know of who ever thought there might be a reward for being in the top 100 for all four milestones. This is not a common thought, so why would the devs specifically say anything about that especially when it's not asked of them directly?

There is a difference between Answering the Question, and Avoiding the Question. Celestial Wings falls to the latter with epitome "YET" as previously stated and explained. And as previous explained why it is ambiguous, there really is no need for it to be an exclusive news given at some point for the reasons I already explained.
    Furthermore, I am the only person you know of who thinks this way about the event, and perhaps one of the few people that actually believe that writing on the forum is not a lost cause. Naturally, both because of the things I have to deal with in this topic, and due to a chance (however small) that opening a topic might instigate some encouragement for the playerbase. Whether to write or open new topics regarding this, or to simply get a much needed clarification regarding the mount itself. That, I can't answer. I do hope for both.
    True Neutral
    You want to hear a developer answer the question, and yet you don't think they have any authority over their own game. Sorry but you can't have it both ways. Furthermore, you are asking the question in the open void of a forum without @ing any of the developers and somehow expect to get their answer. And when provided with what developers have answered with your very same question, refuse to give it any heed since it's not on these forums. You are telling posters of your own tread to stop posting on your thread, even though it is an open thread in the Discussion sub-forum.
    No, I'm telling that what you preach was already stated and understood since 2nd post in the topic and you needn't prolong it unnecessarily. You've stated that those links and those things are as far as you'll allow yourself to step. I, however, want to go a step further as I'm not satisfied with how those questions got treated and left unanswered.

I've waited for the start of Milestone 2, as it might be a good position to shed some light on the Celestial Wing mount, or even gather enough people to ask same question if they deem such a thing useful.

For me this is a simple disagreement as you are stubbornly pursuing your sentiment that no questions should be asked, to which I wholeheartedly disagree and find uncommonly shortsighted. If you'd like to help out and think to know a better way or find yourself in a confident enough position to do so, then by all means be my guest to ask the question yourself and directly ping developers and/or staff regarding some much needed clarification in terms of obtaining the Celestial Wing legendary mount.
    True Neutral
    edited September 2020
    So ask them then, and not the players. You are the one who is wanting more, since you are not satisfied with what the players have been told.
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    How can people still say PvP is dead? Just look at this thread, PvP is more alive than ever.

It's a good thing the recently released content is so dull, or else people could be playing the game instead of entertaining the public with this beautiful PvP match.

How can people still say PvP is dead? Just look at this thread, PvP is more alive than ever.

It's a good thing the recently released content is so dull, or else people could be playing the game instead of entertaining the public with this beautiful PvP match.

Good point. Take away the aggro from this topic, pls. Let'em watch Zariel from a corner or something like that... idk. :p
    True Neutral

Good point. Take away the aggro from this topic, pls. Let'em watch Zariel from a corner or something like that... idk. :p
    Don't you want aggro though? So more people can see and add their voice so that those devs that you want to answer your question would see this? Though I suppose if you truly wanted them to, you would have already done more to try and get their attention.
    edited October 2020
    Celestial Wings got an update in the description, and with that we can safely stop asking for hints. <3

Thanks to the person who did that. B)

Happy Event
    True Neutral