test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bug with big posts

melechestmelechest Member Posts: 106 Arc User
When making a thread with just a few lines everything is perfect.
If I try to make a big post, consisting of many lines, the buttons "post discussion", "save draft", "preview" and "cancel" disappear. I tried on 4 different browsers, tried enabling and disabling stuff on my browsers, nothing worked.
Obviously, i cant provide more information when creating this post and it has to be quite short.
But please help.

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Issue was escalated to Vanilla and they replied that it's being investigated.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    melechest said:

If I try to make a big post, consisting of many lines, the buttons "post discussion", "save draft", "preview" and "cancel" disappear. I tried on 4 different browsers, tried enabling and disabling stuff on my browsers, nothing worked.
    Obviously, i cant provide more information when creating this post and it has to be quite short.
    But please help.

My workaround is: use the two-head arrow in the top right corner of the editing box. Then, scroll up the page to shrink it. Then, the button will come back (although the layout is still wrong somewhere else).
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • grizzlyukgrizzlyuk Member Posts: 42 Arc User

melechest said:

But please help.

My workaround is: use the two-head arrow in the top right corner of the editing box. Then, scroll up the page to shrink it. Then, the button will come back (although the layout is still wrong somewhere else).
    This workaround only seems to work when trying to post a reply, when trying to post a new discussion the workaround isn't working for me! :(
    Playing STO since August 2010
    Playing Neverwinter since July 2014
  • hexngone#5489 hexngone Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    When I submitted my ignored post here I was only able to type 9 lines before the Post Comment button was obscured. My solution was to comment on my own post to continue the text.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    melechest said:

But please help.

My husband showed me a work around on Google Chrome (other browsers should work the same) after the buttons Preview, Save Draft, and Post Comment have ducked below the footer and you are ready to post. Right click and select "Inspect" from the popup menu. The window on the right use CTRL+F and type "post", in the find box use the "^" button to find the last one. At this point you should see all 3 buttons again.
    wb-cenders.gif