test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.122.20200708b.21

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Patch Notes for tomorrow's maintenance are now available:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/11477643

Comments

• Options
    justtester#3228 justtester Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    What about the lag spikes and "SERVER NOT RESPONDING" in weekly dungeons?
    This forum is an echo chamber
  • Options
    thany#4351 thany Member Posts: 267 Arc User
    "Weekly Challenges: It is now possible to do both weekly challenges in a category each week. The user interface has been updated to reflect this. "

I just hope that will fix problem with weekly "queue" challenges. Last week i didn't complete q-challenge. Finished a couple of times, and nothing. Didn't get anything and it left not completed.
  • Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    "- The amount of Zariel's Favor rewarded by repeatable quests has been increased as follows:
    - 50 > 120
    - 40 > 100
    - 30 > 80"

Great change for my play style! :-)

However, two things will happen in my opinion:

1. The permanent "BHE pls" will stop. (I hope this prediction comes true.)
    2. Mobs will almost always be killed by other players, hence people will complain about too few instances or demand that the maximum number of players per instance is reduced significantly. (I hope I am wrong with this one.)
  • Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    I just think the tweaking of the event is a waste of time atm. Most people decided on week 1 if the 4 month event is for them or not. They had to - you straightforwardly requested an amount of routine effort that rivals with learning how to play guitar... or equals to an introduction to the mathematical background of quantum physics. :o
    ...you surely got me thinking to stop playing games and fetch myself a phd.

Making AMA now or changing the conditions will not help anyone anymore. Those who got on the bandwagon are already there, the rest will just utter "screw you" as it is too late to catch on already.
  • Options
    award9award9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 87 Arc User
    Great news!
    The increase in Zariel's Favor will help me. I do the epic and hardcore dungeons then run around in 1 zone doing quests and completing Ascension when it comes up.
  • Options
    jelara1jelara1 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    - The amount of Zariel's Favor rewarded by repeatable quests has been increased

Had I known this was coming, I might have brought this to someone's attention earlier. I have been doing the quests once or twice a day, usually when I need a break from BHE. Most of them can be accomplished in a reasonable amount of time once you know where the specific mobs spawn - with one very major exception.

One of the quests calls for 10 or so Succubus or Incubus mobs. Currently (pre patch) this quest could easily take me 30-40 minutes of actively looking for them, including switching instances. Even in this time when most people weren't doing these quests, and entire clear of either area where devils spawn might net you 2 at most (on a really good run 3), and sometimes none. I do know where these spawn. Also, its very common to come across packs where you can tell that specific mobs were killed and the rest of the pack left alone. That becomes annoying because the pack doesn't respawn till you kill it off. This will only get worse.

My suggestion is that this quest be changed to one that asks for 2-4 of that type rather than the 10. I don't have the same problem with any other devil or demon mob type.

As a result this quest will become one that I have to just completely ignore so I'll only have 2 active quests instead of the usual 3. This is like the Dock Master quest in regular mod 19, which has been tying up my quest log for that questgiver for weeks now, cause I'm not putting a group together for such a minor quest.
  • Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    jelara1 said:

- This is like the Dock Master quest in regular mod 19, which has been tying up my quest log for that questgiver for weeks now, cause I'm not putting a group together for such a minor quest.

You mean the solo play monster that regularly hits by a not telegraphed (at-will?) power for 800k pre-mitigated damage? I cannot phantom what can go wrong with that one... ;)
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    rikitaki said:

jelara1 said:

- This is like the Dock Master quest in regular mod 19, which has been tying up my quest log for that questgiver for weeks now, cause I'm not putting a group together for such a minor quest.

You mean the solo play monster that regularly hits by a not telegraphed (at-will?) power for 800k pre-mitigated damage? I cannot phantom what can go wrong with that one... ;)
    What I "love" (not) is when it first immobilizes you right before it STABS YOU TO DEATH for said 800k damage. I consider that a cheap Bravo Sierra move.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured