test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I thought they fixed Bel rod drops

psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
i know there are more of you who grind more than me, but i'm on at least 22 (since i started counting) bel runs, and no rod. that's less than 5% drop rate.

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    I got it one my first run, so it's 100% drop rate right? Obviously not, I just got lucky, while you were not. One's personal observation of drop rates is too small a sample for an accurate representation of the actual drop rate.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    "Fixed" is a relative term. As long as it is behind a RNG roll, it will never be fixed.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    On the day I started my Ranger doing the Riftwarden stuff, I got all the rods except those from the shop.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User

i know there are more of you who grind more than me, but i'm on at least 22 (since i started counting) bel runs, and no rod. that's less than 5% drop rate.

People always mix up statistics and probabilities. If the drop chance was 5%, you are NOT guaranteed that you have the drop after 20 attempts. Only if the number of attempts go towards infinity, statistic and probability will match.
  • psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    i'm pretty sure the odds are not cumulative... it's whatever % each time i run it.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User

i'm pretty sure the odds are not cumulative... it's whatever % each time i run it.

I am not talking about adding the odds. What I meant was: if you throw a dice 6 times, you most likely won't get each number once - despite the fact that the chance for each number is 1/6. If you throw the dice six billion times, each number was shown very close to one billion times.
  • psychoticsatyrpsychoticsatyr Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    i'm not the only one in my alliance who has been grinding without getting it. so maybe it should be a different option. maybe each time you run Bel you get a token 60 tokens you can buy the rod if you don't get it to drop. my RNG is horrible.
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    I'm pretty terrible at droping items with low rate when i want them (but more lucky if i don't want them or don't need them anymore) :

I only looted one legendary mount in lockboxes despite being VIP for 4 years now (so over 1400 keys + maybe around 2500 bought in the zen market), but consider myself lucky (i know people who tried more keys than me and never got one).
    I bought the 3 legendary account mount pack when it was available on zenmarket to solve the issue for my rerolls (even though i clearly saw this offer as the annoucement of incoming changes in the mount system+mythic as a midterm future).

I started NWO during mod10 and droped my first orcus wand easily more than 200 CN after, during mod13... (i bought one way before i looted one, obviously)

I never droped any Rex Corona during mod12 despite countless hours of hunting and 12 King of Spine final hunts (but got one during mod16, when I was chasing for some fashion skins).

I never droped any mod13 Ring of the Shadowstalker +5 despite i did Fane weekly during 6 months on 8 toons (and then gave up, so will probably never see one ^^).

It took me over 40 sister hunts during mod14 to get my heels of fury (i saw some droping in the party before i got mine, but it was never my poster and heels were reserved for someone else ^^).

It took me almost 2 months in mod16, doing my 3 ME daily (something like 150ME) to get the complete alabaster set for my main rogue (but i got more than 10 times the left hand weapon). Zok never gave me any staff of flowers on any of the 8 toons I pushed in ME for their alabaster. I'm yet to see the trobriand's ring land in my bag in LoMM.

Currently, and since 6 months, the 2 toons i like to play the most (rogue and fighter) are stuck on the rod you have to drop on the incursions HE bosses.

Mostly, i'm very fine with (super) low rate RNG if the item is unbound so players can, at least, "work hard" (or pay $/€) to get enough to buy on AH/zenmarket.
    I really dislike low rate RNG on BtA/BtC items... if you really aren't lucky, you would maybe never get one no matter how many time and tries you invest in farming for it
    (because yes, though unlikely, there is still a tiny probability to never get any 100 on 10.000 rolls of 1d100), and there is no other way to obtain it...