Due to the shifts in schedule over the past few months, we wanted to provide an updated view of the Neverwinter Roadmap. We are releasing the roadmap today and next Tuesday, August 11, we'll be doing a Q&A stream. Please use this thread to leave questions for the stream!
So...hmmm...small profession update later this year, and MW next year,,,,well, I hope it is will not be a disappointment.
Make my Christmas wish come true and let me look good again
New Event Reward System - sounds like a Super-Nerf.
Be nice to have the Skirmishes back.
Just remember, Covid 19 may not be over before 06/21.
I think I might like the "Better Reward Drops" Peridots for level 80, how about starting with Sapphires or Black Opals and increase the value of Artifacts/Artifact Equipment by a factor of x10 (when you cut the values by 99% that really hurt.)
Will these new Events still be equipment gated, or will scaling be intergraded so that more players will be able to use new characters in these events?
Will the Aasimar Race have any unique features to their appearance? (i.e. taller then standard humans, optional feathers for their head and/or shoulders)
Now my questions for the stream:
-What is going to be in the profession updates vs the Masterwork update? Why has masterwork been pushed back again by several months?
-Will all dungeons be getting this improved rewards? Could you provide further details on what these rewards might be?
-How different will these event refreshes be? Better rewards? New things to do?
-Any plans for more class balancing, particularly with the lesser used dps paragon paths (Hunter, Thaumaturge, Whisperknife)?
-Finally any hints for the Surprise! in September?
Question: One thing I notice absent from the map is no Stronghold Updates/Re-Works/Plans, are there plans in the near/far future for them? If so, can we expect an easier route for smaller guilds to rank up their Stronghold, or possibly for players to join multiple guilds?
1. Will the Redeemed Citadel event require to run Zariel's Challange in the current or normal mode in order to progress through/get best rewards?
2. Is profession update related to current CDP? If so, in what regard? There have been several ideas to improve the workshop/crafting.
3. Is the new Aasimar race gonna be like Gith? I mean, free for limited time and after that there would be a need to pay to unlock it? Will it have wings or the pack similar to one that came with the gith? And also, will it compete with Dragonborn races in terms of stats/bonuses?
4. Refreshing current events, like winter festiwal or masquerade of liars, what exactly do you plan to do with them? Add some more stuff to campaign store or add some new mechanics/activities too?
5. Will there be more changes until the end of the year to the classes, in particular wizard or healing classes?
strongholds. where are the updates on the road map for strongholds. I think updating strongholds/Stronghold events/rewards is as universally desired as mastercrafts. and indeed the two go hand in hand. it would also be great to have new ways to customize the stronghold. it would be nice to have prior decorations fixed and maybe a new structure to decorate and use for guild events and more leeway instead of just having set places for things.
Are Developers planning to keep lower tier boons, or may we expect top tier boons made available in the future?
Would Focused Retaliation and blood Lust be too complex a formula to prevent overpowered players?
My choice of boons is becoming far less attractive, considering that the latest ones are literally my lowest valued choices.
As the Avernus Campaign's penultimate prize, other than beating Zariel Herself, they seem a tad underwhelming.
While I don't Mastercraft for myself, I am waiting to see if the new weapons can out perform my Alabaster I am still using. I do buy my weapons in the auctions for AD. Many players didn't seem to care for the keyless loot box AD sink, although I did bank 10 of those. Mastercrafting creates items to remove 10% of the AD through the purchases. I guess I will be using my old weapons until April of next year. I figured that would be the case last April when I started upgrading my weapons.
Do you have the date set for the start of the Liar's Masquerade? I would like to know this to schedule the player's Halloween party in Barovia.
Are any of the changes to the Liar's Masquerade about the broom mount? Will the item be available as an event mount or is that headed for the zen store?
Will there still be a contest for new fashions?
In 2018 we chose to work for witch, scarecrow, or razor and I chose witch. That first year everyone saw team razor was winning and joined the winning team. No one stood a chance after that. Then 2019, again I chose team witch. Razor was replace with team werewolf. People just went for the new team werewolf and team witch and scarecrow lost again. The issue stems from the ability to count hats, we are forced to wear the team hat, and counting up hats is an easy way to figure out who is ahead of the curve. When the majority is playing on one team, they get the most done.
As always, best wishes, I will attempt to be present for the Twitch Live Stream. If I miss it, I am sure someone on YouTube will recap it.
So the relevant questions:
1) As a player who mainly plays for the group oriented content, I've noticed that there is only 1 new dungeon only (I saw the skirmish rework, and it's a skirmish, and it's existing, I'm not really excited) for the next year. Will the episodes provide something strongly team oriented? Or any other event on the timeline.
2) Avernus Episodes are about a month apart, so were the M20 episodes in the old roadmap, now the m20 episodes are about two months apart, and reduced to two episodes from 4.
Is the time difference is towards more content per episode? More time to polish the release? Or due to other targets in the roadmap and we can expect more or less the same scope as the Avernus episodes. (comparing to Bel for example).
3) With the shift to episodes, and what I assume more story driven experience what changes we can expect in that aspect? Repeated missions is understandable evil but what we can expect from the episodes beyond kill and fetch quests? Will there be more emphasis to reduce the repeated time gates and instead creating on story line, more common to single player games?
like I've mentioned, the story seems important to me to maintain player retention in this model, as it reduces the long term goals that encourage players to keep on playing. I can see people coming to play another "chapter of a book" but I can also see how many will feel discouraged if the chapter doesn't deliver the needed depth.
4) Lately we see a lot of RNG within RNG, the chance of bosses at Bel's HE, then a chance of a rod. Similarly Avernus a chance of a spawn and then a chance of a drop (or chance of map, chance of loot), and so on.. Should we expect this to persist in the new content as well? Can we expect pity currency too? earn X of something for guarantied buy.