test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How toxic is the player base?

butterkisses2019#1220 butterkisses2019 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
edited August 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
As the title states.

It's bad enough that my poor rogue was run over by everyone doing the Summer Event games, but now my sis is bashed in chat because is didn't want to friend an unknown person on discord?

While I enjoy my time in Neverwinter, the toxic players can suck out that enjoyment in seconds. What is going on here? Is the ToS not enforced?

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User
    Report Player Behavior and ignore them.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Cryptic does not have the manpower, or the will to monitor chat channels. It is up to you to report the behavior, and someone should be able to pull the chat logs for that date, time, zone and channel.
  • Thank you both.
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User

As the title states.

It's bad enough that my poor rogue was run over by everyone doing the Summer Event games, but now my sis is bashed in chat because is didn't want to friend an unknown person on discord?

While I enjoy my time in Neverwinter, the toxic players can suck out that enjoyment in seconds. What is going on here? Is the ToS not enforced?

Thank you for your time.

Really unless thay are in my guild/alliance I completely tune out everyone else. Discord is a cesspool of bad/toxic people.

Find yourself a fun, active, friendly guild and your exp will change dramatically.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
    Most of the time i really dont find it that bad.
    Sure avernus and PE are filled with their fair share of trolls, but most of the time I have good experiences with dungeons and events.

That being said a friend and I were running a tiamat yesterday, my friend went down nobody picked them up so they respawned at the campfire. Ok no biggie.
    Immediatly afterwards a message showed up voting to kick my friend for being AFK, which they definatly were not and unfortunatly there were enough yes votes and my friend ended up getting kicked from the trial.

Being kicked because some jerk see's you go down and wants to remove you from the instance sucks but it is pretty rare.
    Luckily i left after they were kicked, we re-queued and got a much better group the 2nd time around.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,090 Arc User

toxic as hell. dont do public groups unless you are prepared for it.

Never had a problem with pugs unless there was an obvious bot running around. Ran a Cloak Tower back in the day with 2 others. Their @handle was very similar. Turned out the guy was using the run to train his bot.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    If it's in the Protector's Enclave Discord, PM me on Discord and I'll handle it. Outside of that server, I can not do anything about.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    edited August 2020

As the title states.

Thank you for your time.

Every MMO has toxic players. And creepy players. Best thing to do is Report and Ignore them in Chat. And make note of the @ handle so you can avoid them for things like dungeon queues, guilds, and gift giving situations (Winter Fest, etc).
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Just as a matter of statistics, I wouldn't call one person trying to friend your sis and bashing over it "the player base". Every game is going to have thousands of players, and like every group of people in the world, 10% of those thousands are going to be jerks.

Ignore is there for all standard nuisances, screenshot and report for those who step over the line. I'd also recommend not reacting to every bit of troll-bait out there unless you enjoy arguing in chat over politics, religion or the roundness of planets.
  • crusthelvetecrusthelvete Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    Started a year+ ago, chat was almost always good and ppl where helpful and patient.

Now,6 months or less i can clearly see that the chat have changed alot.
    I think, the toxic comes with the newer players while the older quits one by one... seen this mod before in other mmo's.
  • kierlakxkierlakx Member Posts: 117 Arc User

Started a year+ ago, chat was almost always good and ppl where helpful and patient.

Now,6 months or less i can clearly see that the chat have changed alot.
    I think, the toxic comes with the newer players while the older quits one by one... seen this mod before in other mmo's.

I like this fantasy world you live in where it's not the bitter, entitled, veteran players that are the source of the toxicity.
  • jefinho380jefinho380 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Just report them and add to the ignore list.

About how toxic is the playerbase as a whole towards other players, not toxic at all. Specially if you're a newcomer. There are, of course, always some people to ruin what's left of fun in this game but that's true for any online game out there.

About how toxic the playerbase is towards the developers? Definitely not toxic enough.