test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mog/Garyx needs a short timer between 100% meter and dispatch

We need a short delay for Mog/Garyx spawn, once the Blood Meter reach 100%

Current situation is that the player(s) killing last mobs to reach 100% won't get any credit, because campers will down the boss in few seconds, before the mobs killers can actually get there.

Easy fix is to add a 30sc timer once Blood War meter fills up. It would allow all players killing devils/demons to reach the spawn spot in time.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Yes, the campers need to be able to kill them faster before the people actually doing the work get there...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • vaultingfrog#2497 vaultingfrog Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    What they should to is actually turn them into bosses instead of mobs... give them the big hp meter and all the health and defense that goes with it.

Make them tough enough to last more than 2 seconds in the first place. Make them like the dragons were back in the day where you needed 10+ people and 5 minutes minimum to down them.
  • azazel#6882 azazel Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    They should have them scale in difficulty like the demonics so you can still solo it if you want but add more difficulty when more people are around so everyone has a chance to get a hit in
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,213 Arc User

They should have them scale in difficulty like the demonics so you can still solo it if you want but add more difficulty when more people are around so everyone has a chance to get a hit in

That is the opposite of what OP asked. If one can solo it (like a group hitting one), an individual can kill it before anyone from another area arrives.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited August 2020
    I don't see how,say two people are in the scab. When he spawns he would be scaled to a two person difficulty,if more people entered the scab his difficulty would increase giving them time to reach him. If you had 10 people camping when he spawns he would be hard enough that anyone in the general area could make it to them.In later mods once everyone moves to a new area it will be very hard for people to kill these bosses because the instances will be empty and the bosses will have dungeon like boss stats. The ability to solo those bosses will be a must. I'm usually against scaling but I think taking the demonic approach would make a good long term fix.I do like the idea of a timer, I just thought this would help in addition to that.
    edited August 2020

I don't see how,say two people are in the scab. When he spawns he would be scaled to a two person difficulty,if more people entered the scab his difficulty would increase giving them time to reach him. If you had 10 people camping when he spawns he would be hard enough that anyone in the general area could make it to them.In later mods once everyone moves to a new area it will be impossible for people to kill these bosses because the instances will be empty and the bosses will have dungeon like boss stats. The ability to solo those bosses will be a must. I'm usually against scaling but I think taking the demonic approach would make a good long term fix.I do like the idea of a timer, I just thought this would help in addition to that.

After number of person scaling, 2 person in scab and defeat it in less than a minute when the other 10 people are rushing across the map.
    After number of person scaling, 1 person in scab and defeat it in less than a minute when the other 10 people are rushing across the map.
    After number of person scaling, N person in scab and defeat it in less than a minute when (20 - N) people are rushing across the map.

Right now, 2 to 3 person can finish it within a minute.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited August 2020
    If your coming from that far away were you even participating getting the boss to spawn?You can stay in the general area killing devils or demons without camping.I can get across both areas that the bosses spawn in probably less than 30 seconds.
    I didn't come here to argue, just offering an idea I had.
    edited August 2020

If your coming from that far away were you even participating getting the boss to spawn?You can stay in the general area killing devils or demons without camping.I can get across both areas that the bosses spawn in probably less than 30 seconds.

Right now, can you arrive in time? If yes, it mean there are only a little amount of weaker players on site. If no, it means there were stronger player or a lot of people on site. Allowing it to be solo easier (right now, strong player can solo it already), it means regardless amount of people on site (except 0), you will not able to make it.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    I was literally less than 5 seconds away from gary [or Mog or whatever] and saw it spawn on my screen, by the time I had got to it due to lag from AOE/spells/dailies it was dead. My screen was running at about 5 fps at the time.

INCREASE time between 100% and Gary/Mog spawn to at least two minutes but maybe close the instance? taht shoudl give everyone a chance to at least get ONE hit in

• vaultingfrog#2497 vaultingfrog Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    Or since it's a 10 minute timer per instance, just have them respawn every 2.5 minutes. That give 3 spawns per instance.

To counter this put loot drops on a 10 minute timer from when you receive them from those two, thus preventing instance hoping and mass farming.

Thus you now have a way for people go kill Mog or Gary with out having to worry about campers.
    Spawns once per instance. Once they spawn and die the Blood War needs to stop spinning and reset immediately.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Spawns once per instance. Once they spawn and die the Blood War needs to stop spinning and reset immediately.

Thats another great idea, it did occur to me that once Mog/Gary is dead why have such a long delay after? Presumably as the devs thought it would take ten minutes to kill Mog/Gary LOL
  • autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,134 Arc User
    They should make it like Yester Hill.
    Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User

We need a short delay for Mog/Garyx spawn, once the Blood Meter reach 100%

Current situation is that the player(s) killing last mobs to reach 100% won't get any credit, because campers will down the boss in few seconds, before the mobs killers can actually get there.

Easy fix is to add a 30sc timer once Blood War meter fills up. It would allow all players killing devils/demons to reach the spawn spot in time.

I'm in favour of this, or even a 10s timer. There have been quite a few times where I've been killing mobs to help spawn either Gary or Mog, only to then miss out getting a hit in prior to the kill, even though I wasn't very far away, because the campers who didn't participate in moving the blood war along were there, waiting to pounce.

I guess someone has to make the sacrifice until they find a solution.
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
  • jeremytheman232jeremytheman232 Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    > @autumnwitch said:
    > They should make it like Yester Hill.

Genius idea. Waves of demons/devils then the boss comes out. You only need to hit the mobs though so if boss dies b4 you hit it's still good to go.
    Yeah, but the waiting for an hour if you missed it sucks.