test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Make the Dragons tougher.

mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
Specifically, the Dragons that are outside the well of Dragons that are part of the daily missions.

Some players can kill them before they even hit the ground. That is not only stupid, it's also not at all fun for everyone that has to wait for the next Dragon to spawn. At least if that Dragon isn't also killed before it can even land.

Everyone that shows up to fight those dragons, be they in Icespire or Ebon Downs or wherever and no matter their level, should have fair opportunity to get their hits in.

Making the dragons non-targetable while in the air (or just get rid of that cutscene and spawn them in on the ground) would help some, but high-level and well-geared players can still take these dragons out very quickly.

They need an all-around boost to their survivability, and if you want to add a little time to the encounter in case of low turnout then that's fine, too, but players should be able to get these missions done without having to hope that other players will let them get a hit in.

Comments

• Options
    loexwellloexwell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    I was triggered by this as I love everything dragon. So I went to Neverdeath.. Chartraxis is squashed like a fly in the sky..

Not only is this a nuisance to the players but no dragon should ever experience this :#
    And it makes the game unreal for new players.
    I say buff them all, even in WoD they go down in no time.
  • Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    For the WoD I think it is OK in my opinion simply because you usually have 75%+ of the people with many overpowered for the area to begin with all going after one dragon at the same time and based on what I have seen it seems to me like that is where it should be.

Otherwise, it usually goes a lot slower with about half that number or less. I know this because I usually join that smaller group and often times we do not finish off all the dragons in the instance we are in.

For the other campaign dragons I totally agree buff them all. I also believe that the dragon should just be immune to all damage and control effects until it actually lands and is ready to make its first attack as that would certainly take care of the nocking it out of the air effect before anyone else gets a chance to do anything.
  • Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Maybe try and implement a system similar to demonic heroic encounters, in that the more people join, the harder the dragon is to kill? We have a system that scales us down, why not something to scale dragons up?
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    its the scaling lol, nonexistant to bad.
  • Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    gradii said:

its the scaling lol, nonexistant to bad.

Little doubt that that plays its part, and if they work on scaling and it solves the problem then so be it, but that isn't the only possible fix for the issue at hand.

I mean, people wiping out groups of enemies in a single AoE hit probably shouldn't be happening in these scaled areas either, but that usually doesn't negatively impact players to the extent that the dragon survivability issue can.

So if they want to work on the scaling then good luck to them, but if they just want to pump up the dragons' defensive numbers or multiply their HP by a good bit, or remove the 'fly-in' part of their appearance and just spawn them directly on the ground (and maybe even make sure that no AoE duration spells can be cast before the dragon appears) or some combination of these then that's okay, too.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    I would just be happy if they added the Dragon Bone weapons to the ToD store for purchase with Dragon Hoard Coins...