test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Boons - A suggestion

flecia#3114 flecia Member Posts: 53 Arc User
So first I will never complain that I am being given more boon points.

However, the boon tree as is leaves me nothing to put them into. What are my choices here?
Stats that i well over cap? My 95k+ armor pen really need more!
Stats the i am so far below cap that 1250 points will make absolute no diff? Fill up that awareness dang it!
Gold bonuses?
1% damage to dinos?

I mean really, can we please put some more useful things in our boon trees so we want to use our boon points.

That aside my real suggestion here for now is this:
Can we PLEASE unlock a third boon tier 5 so I can at least use some of these boon points productively.
There are at least three tier 5 boons that i consider must fill, and few others that are "at least better options then what the lower tiers offer".
That would at least keep us happy for a few mods. By then you could add more useful lower tiers.

Comments

• Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    The boon system had more meaning prior to module 16.

Some boons as you mentioned, are made to sell one of two things to the player, retraining tokens or additional build slots. If a player is running Chult they will fill the dino boon to max of +5%, later after leaving Chult and heading into Ravenloft they use a retraining token or alt. build slot to move the 5 points to the undead. At present, I am looking at possibly shuffling boons for fiends, because eventually I will go finish mod 19, not that the +5% will help much. I tend to think of boon points as more of a psychological need than a physical one. I am collecting the last few in mod 18, but I have a few of my characters at 100% in STK with more boon points yet unclaimed.

I don't retrain often, when I do, I use their free retraining. I fill the first tier with the minimum 10 points usually health and power. On the second tier I get the speed boost. Then I fill the rest out as I need. However in all reality, this has to be more of a psychological security blanket than anything else. No matter how much juggling I have done, it feels like I am going nowhere.

Also a lot of the slots are pigeon holed to classes. I mean, I guess you can place outgoing healing and control bonus on a barbarian... why? I don't know.
    wb-cenders.gif