test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This Barbarian tank change needs to be looked at ASAP

ninefingers222ninefingers222 Member Posts: 141 Arc User
Unstoppable: The block from Sentinel’s Unstoppable is now correctly set to 50% of the player’s maximum hp.

Thanks to this change we are no longer able to complete and or compete in end game content like Zariel, all other tank classes are more needed and more effective at tanking (our aggro is already finicky, making us unable to tank certain hits broke us)

I understand this was a wanted change but it needs to be looked at, tweaked/reworked or better yet reverted .

Thank you for reading .
Essence of Aggression, OG PvP GWF

Comments

• Options
    so many outraged barbarian tanks... crickets... fotm it is I guess sigh
  • Options
    kharkov58kharkov58 Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    Why are they outraged? The shield function on the other two tank classes give 50% of HP as well.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    kharkov58 said:

Why are they outraged? The shield function on the other two tank classes give 50% of HP as well.

Well maybe because the other tanks have other ways to mitigate dmg further, GF have Iron warrior, Knights valor, and of course their Phalanx daily, Pally has Absolution amongst other things (not sure what else)... have you run the new Zariel trial? if you haven't maybe you don't know what I'm talking about .

Post edited by ninefingers222 on
  • Options
    bigman99#8273 bigman99 Member Posts: 510 Arc User
    Doesn't the "dig in" mechanic for fighters absorb up to 75% of hp? And Paladin's have Divine Palisade. Seeing as Dig in and Unstoppable are both the core mechanic for their class, both should be at 75% or both at 50%. Seems reasonable.
  • Options
    karvarekarvare Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    For a paladin your shield blocks 50% damage, 75% feated, of your HP. Divine Palisade adds a 10% reduction in damage taken. I tend to agree unstoppable should be 75% of HP.
  • Options
    winteranestiwinteranesti Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Now all tanks will be nerfed to even out everything..as it is better to take away than to fix. :P *just a joke of course, coming from former healer pally player who retired this mod due to class killing* even gave away my rank 15 vorpal so my pally does not get blamed for destroying runs.
    Post edited by winteranesti on
  • Options
    bitcrusher#9275 bitcrusher Member Posts: 17 Arc User

Now all tanks will be nerfed to even out everything..as it is better to take away to to fix. :P *just a joke of course

Not funny though, we all know it can get real ... ;)

• Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

Now all tanks will be nerfed to even out everything..as it is better to take away than to fix. :P *just a joke of course,

Nope, not a joke. More like a sadly ironic reality in NWO. Except it's not called a nerf by the devs, it's 'class balancing'.