test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HEALS ?!?

halfmeadhalfmead Member Posts: 22 Arc User
Cryptic... WTF!!!

Spend a LONG time building my OP healer and the thanks i get is a MASSIVE nerf. Just did a CODG (not the hardest thing on earth) somehow my heals are the same with or without Crit touch active... no shields and my 'true' heals (which i guess should have had a tiny buff) are as stupidly bad as they have always been...
IF you want long term players to abandon the game...congrats, you are doing a STELLAR job.
I truly do not understand the thought process behind these neverending nerfs to healers, people in game complain they can't get healers for their REDQ/RTQ... guess what, it'll be even harder now.....

Now, Balancing is all fine, but if this latest round of 'we hate healing day' is a part of trying to balance PVP, scrap pvp then.. it is already a dead feature in the game with very few taking part...

well, i don't expect any of you at cryptic to actually care about player opinions, but needed to vent here... you carry on trying to peddle your zen market stuff to new naive players.

Comments

• Options
    shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    I know you are mad and frustrated but i will say this with the hopes you don't get mad at me:

I saw pallyheals putting shields for 50% and 75% of hp pretty often, maybe you need to tinker with your feats a little more. If that doesn't help, all you need to do for dungs is keep their shields up and heal on emergencies.

Codg is just a nightmare for healers right now.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• Options
    halfmeadhalfmead Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    No anger towards you Shugensha :)
    my toon is pretty well set up, at least it was prior to whatever they changed (150k power/199k crit - legendary comps - right feats etc etc.
    Could be the Scaling that is the culprit, but as i write, my shields w/o crit touch were like 7-10% of players hp bar (dps) and same WITH crit touch active, same story for the actual healing...simply abyssmal, i could not keep people up in the long run as my heals were vastly inferior to dmg received... prior to this it ofc was a snoozefest, crit touch and every dps was shielded for their full hp bar and tanks ~35%....
    This was CODG which is not the worst by any stretch, i am surely not even gonna try to heal any of the harder instances in a single group now.... i guess Cryptic want to sell Healthstones and heal pots ;)
  • Options
    shugenshashugensha Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    Then i apollogize. And that it's just messed up, lets just hope the "buffs" are coming fast cuz right now there are less and less Qs even as healer.
    The meta it's just a guideline. And guidelines are boring.

Soulweaver: The Lovely Red
    Minstrel: The Rose Troubadour

• Options
    autumnwitchautumnwitch Member Posts: 1,135 Arc User
    This whole healing process appears to be cutting of our noses to spite our faces.

On one hand they go on and on post-Mod 16 that we need more healers and make it so you can't play group content without them and so they give us all these tools to use to make us be able to actually heal and then we do and then...

*slams on the breaks*

Wait! You folks are actually healing! Well, we can't have that now can we!

*applies healing nerfs*

There ya go! That makes it all better....

*healers throwing hands up in the air and leaving the game*

Bah! They'll come back can't have a game without healers....

Boudica's Sisters - A Guild For Introverts
  • Options
    ananxiousnoob#0947 ananxiousnoob Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    The Devs hit healers hard. They have already thrown a few crumbs to mollify healers and will no doubt throw a few more in the next few weeks. The end result will be that healers will still have been nerfed into oblivion but the Devs will say “look we listened and improved things”. It’s a ploy to get healers to the nerfed state that they actually wanted and still be able to say that they are “listening”.

On the plus side for them, as you correctly state, Scrolls of life, health stones etc can be bought in the Zen market. It’s win win for Cryptic and lose lose for the players