test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official M19 wizard feedback thread

jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
I see that wizard doesn't have a feedback thread and it should. This class has been plagued with bugs since mod 17. @vcttethias can provide more insight into the class, but once these bugs are fixed (power surge, arcane power field, arcane stack % damage etc.), it will be effectively nerfed. Some small changes might be needed to keep it as effective as it is now.

@joebot#9387 @noworries#8859

Thanks for your time and efforts,
Neko

Comments

• gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Official? I don't think it means what you think it means
  • anjay#6852 anjay Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Wizards definitely need some tweaking when it comes to Single Target, but I'd rather leave that to people who know about that more than me. What I wish people would bring more attention to is the wizard's AoE damage. To be blunt, it is most likely the absolute worst in the game out of the DPS classes. The AoE encounters take too long to cast, and waiting for them to be off cooldown is a drag. In TIC, the mobs will be half-dead before we can get our Icy Terrain and Steal Time off, and those two are pretty much the only two AoE encounters that can deal decent damage. It just feels incredibly awkward, especially when it comes to the fact that even on AoE we use Ray of Frost, because Storm Pillar just doesn't do enough damage. :c
  • kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    So, M19 launched today. You're showing up after the party's over. Also, threads are official when posted by a developer, which you are not. Joebot specifically addressed why there isn't one in the Chilling Advantage thread.

Joebot in the Chilling Advantage thread:
    Good day,
    My apologies the Wizard did not receive an individual post. Other than the changes made in the M18 Class Balance Adjustments thread, there were no additional changes outside of the one you mentioned. However, we are not writing off the Wizard completely while we continue to monitor and adjust the classes accordingly.
    Regarding Chilling Advantage, the intent was to address a bug with the original functionality. Additionally, we wanted to provide a more straightforward alternative playstyle focused on maintaining Rimefire Weaving without having to combo Smolder and Chill stacks. We were not necessarily considering this as a damaging alternative to Shatter Strike.
    As always, we appreciate your feedback. We will continue to investigate and make changes throughout the beta, as time allows.
  • jman3l#5579 jman3l Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I mean, to those saying the fact that there was no feedback thread was addressed, clearly that was not enough, as wizard is not in a good spot. Some suggestions were taken to help other classes, and the same should be done here. Top players have good ideas on how to balance wizard AoE. Probably a slight ray of frost buff and some AoE encounter on thauma.

This can be relabeled to unofficial if it makes ppl happy or something, but the motivation for having this thread doesn't change.
  • xanderleopard2#4636 xanderleopard2 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    also why the heck have some dailies of wizard been having target limits? arcane singularity, ice storm, furious immolation (and i think maelstrom too) have limited damage but only oppressive force has unlimited target. this has been the case for 13 mods i believe?
  • miotest#5683 miotest Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I would simply say that wizards become the planned lowest class. For this reason - I will not play neverwinter at least until I see positive responses on the forum, and I conclude that the modifications to this game are made in a controlled and professional manner. For now, it convinces me that there is no reason to spend money but also time. I think that in this state, nerfs can completely remove wizards from the game and nothing will happen .... only operators will lose more people and the "Arc" mark before the game will warn players not to even try.
  • unknowndramaunknowndrama Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    I retired my wizard..is just trash i will still complete last campaign to get those useless boons but will remain just a bank/invoker alt
  • lucasjoab#7274 lucasjoab Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Our AOE damage was always bad, now we managed to balance our "Single Target" and "AOE" damage with these "nerfs" Now we don't have a good damage on "Single Target" and even less on "AOE" Congratulations!
    By - Polly o /
  • iluvatar#2674 iluvatar Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    because? why all these nonsense nerf ???

now the cw is useless in both ST and AoE ....

the game experience is disappointing and many will abandon .... congratulations
  • agoraotro#4630 agoraotro Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    For the sake of class balancing please, @nitocris83

Plenty of bugs on CW class need to be addressed to. Any chance we can get a word on this / get the issue escalated
  • hayyyyahayyyya Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    #CW got slight Nerfs, and doenst matter at all thats what we get from Todays awesome Stream, thanks cryptic for putting that out there awesome Feedback about our class.