test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Life bind ability

dixonyu#2725 dixonyu Member Posts: 79 Arc User
Can this please not work on companions...

Just took 3.5. Mill in dmg in a ten man, so if that's the case , the raid took about 30 mill in dmg to the whole raid, and the heals + absorb was equal to about half ... I am assuming this is because of augment companions ? Which you can't target heal, I don't know about area .

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Augments don't need healing as they don't take damage.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Augmented pets don't die. Therefore they don't get healed or revived.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    fhtagnshagguaah#8444 fhtagnshagguaah Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I too, use lifebind

Technically...augments can die, but not in the conventional matter, have successful killed my Polar Bear cub multiple times intentionally thru fall damage, but thats about it considering they have nearly 0 HP 90% of the time, and cannot be targeted by enemies because they are technically always in a downed state,also they cannot be targeted by Heal both AoE or ST heals unless they get healed by some "mysterious circumstances" by some weird game mechanic...they will just pop up and resurrected in 1 sec after the death animation(no heal cause they always have zero HP).

even so the total HP augments or companions in general have is very low to merit any harm to the Warlock. assuming that Lifebind Actually affects Companions and Allied Entities such as NPCs, considering the limitation of Lifebind not affecting Non-Party members. and will only cover 5/10 people in a trial [citation needed] if the Effect has been changed recently.

theoratically that companions shouldn't really affect lifebind at all.

if Lifebind did actually affect companions which shouldn't have been the case in the first place, that might explain the reason of it not working as intended in Trials was the amount of Companions. in your party.

BOME, Lifebind did have a Problem in LOMM-Trobriand's Death ray...killing you even at 350k HP due to the collective 10% from the party, which forced me to resort to using Champion's Battlehorn(for temp HP) and Barkshield from Shadowclad to survive the Blast with Life Bind and Soul Pact combo to keep everyone else in the group alive.

I mean lifebind is gone in Mod19...
  • Options
    melotai#0794 melotai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    Actually, augments can be targeted. At various times while playing I have watched my augment get attacked while my toon either just stood there and watched or I just kept up my at-will attack. From what I can tell when playing my DC all regular companions, some NPC types and certain terrain features are always affected by my healing as well. And, in certain buggy situations in group content I was also able to heal augments as well.

As an example, my DC used to heal the stone columns all the time while fighting nostura in the river district to complete that weekly quest.