test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Weapon sets-why different base damage?

Just my opinion, but wouldn't it be better to make all the new weapon sets the same base damage, so there can be some variety choices? I could see the new trial set being higher so there is incentive to run it, but maybe make the Legion Guard and Hellfire Engine sets the same as Lionheart so people may want to have some options, similar to the way we had feasible choices between Watcher, Burning, Mountain, alabaster, they all had same base, just different bonuses, and lionheart was the top. Since celestial will be the new 'top', I would like to see 4 choices until you get the 'top' that all have the same base, since base makes a large difference in dps. Maybe a new masterwork set for the fourth? Just an idea...

Comments

• douglasopferbeckdouglasopferbeck Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    I much prefer the current system of different weapon damage for each weapon. Gives much more value to the higher tiers and it’s nice to have some true differentiation.
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User

I much prefer the current system of different weapon damage for each weapon. Gives much more value to the higher tiers and it’s nice to have some true differentiation.

I prefer M16 weapon choices with the Lionhearts at the top. It gives people options of what to run, and does not force them to chase the BiS if they feel(as I do) that 1 Lionheart weapons are too hard to get, let alone get and refine before M19 hits, and 2 that the set bonus isn't all that great to justify the cost/effort to acquire and refine said weapons. Even before M19 went to preview I had no intention of running ToMM the 20-45+ times it would take to get the weapons. And yes you would be correct in assuming that I don't know how many runs it actually takes. I've asked many times and no one has answered.

I'm in a great guild, with good people and there are weekly ToMM and IC runs with even some ToMM runs happening where they are carrying people that want/need the weapons, but it never lines up with my schedule so it's just not for me.