test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Add Tacticals to the exchange agent for a while

While I completely understand the changes made to tactical enchants and outgoing/incoming healing as a whole, as they fit in your overall changes to healing, the economic upheaval caused by this change overwhelmingly favours the people with deep deep pockets. I feel they get enough value out of your changes as is and do not need the additional help.

Any chance you can include Tacticals in the enchantment swap program for a couple months after MOD 19 drops?

I would suggest this for all the incoming and outgoing healing options, but as exchange options would have to be created for companions I can see where that would be unlikely. For enchantments this already exists and it should be a minor thing?

Comments

• arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    Even with the lowered values, they are still one of the best options to use for utility slots. Even for companions, it's better to have outgoing healing over power in most cases.
  • hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    They may be, but that does not change the principle nor does it change the market.. There is a reason the bottom is dropping out of Tacticals on live. I am fine with people making yet more AD, but in this particular case there is an option available to lower the impact that would, seem to, not require a lot of work..
    The price of something drastically lowering doesn't mean we should ask for handouts or a free exchange. Something that goes from being BiS to still being BiS but at a lower value doesn't warrant an exchange. The market is merely just overreacting atm to all the negative criers, once more people do the math and realize that Tacticals are still good to have, it will correct itself.
  • hrakhhrakh Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    arazith07 said:

The price of something drastically lowering doesn't mean we should ask for handouts or a free exchange. Something that goes from being BiS to still being BiS but at a lower value doesn't warrant an exchange. The market is merely just overreacting atm to all the negative criers, once more people do the math and realize that Tacticals are still good to have, it will correct itself.

Heh, I am not asking for handouts. I am asking to mitigate the investment loss. And if this was a huge bit of work for Cryptic I would not even bother, but the basic mechanism for it is in place already, so why not.

And yeah, I know people are overreacting and I also know some people will be gouging the people that cannot do math for all they are worth. This is part of the MMO ecosystem and I am mostly ok with that, but I see value in lessening that effect.

You do not, for reasons that seem to be totally valid for you. Great, you do you and I will do me :)

• kythelion#3210 kythelion Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    I'm going to point out three things here to be considered.

The first is that the exchange was offered before only because the actual functionality of the enchantments had been changed. They literally did not do the same thing as before. This is not the case with tacticals. They still perform the same functionality just at a different rate. Those changes happen to various items with every mod. It should be expected and even if they were not still the best enchantment for a utility slot it really does not warrant an exchange vendor every time a number value is changed.

The second point is that creating an exchange vendor will create the false appearance that tacticals are no longer a viable enchanment and thus encourage people to trade them in. This is not true. They are still the best enchantment for a utility slot even with the lower value. So it would actually decieve people by accident.

The third point is that if they did create an exchange vendor, the enchantments would be Bound when traded, as before. This means anyone who did make the mistake of trading in the tacticals for something else would then have Bound whatever they picked. And then in a few weeks would learn that tacticals are still best, and be unable to re-trade what they picked to get their tacticals back. Which means they would have several likely useless enchantments that are Bound and they cannot do anything with and need to buy or create a new set of tacticals from scratch. So despite your good intentions, you would actually be hurting people in the long run. At least if people panic and sell now (Seriously people, math isn't hard :angry: ) they get some value out of the enchantments that can later be put towards repurchasing. With an exchange vendor, they'll get nothing out of it that is useful in the long run.
    hrakh said:

arazith07 said:

Heh, I am not asking for handouts. I am asking to mitigate the investment loss. And if this was a huge bit of work for Cryptic I would not even bother, but the basic mechanism for it is in place already, so why not.

And yeah, I know people are overreacting and I also know some people will be gouging the people that cannot do math for all they are worth. This is part of the MMO ecosystem and I am mostly ok with that, but I see value in lessening that effect.

You do not, for reasons that seem to be totally valid for you. Great, you do you and I will do me :)

What investment loss are you even talking about then? All the RP or AD investment of making the Tactical stone to begin with is still there, the stone is still the best to have and serves the same purpose. Even with a 5% total incoming healing bonus (1% per slot), it's like giving your healer 12.5k more power when healing you (assuming they have 150k total power, it will be higher the more power they have).
  • volournvolourn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    5% total at rank 15 is pure garbage when it comes to 'value'. Rank 15 with enchanemtns should be awesome. 1% incoming healing is not awesome.
    volourn said:

5% total at rank 15 is pure garbage when it comes to 'value'. Rank 15 with enchanemtns should be awesome. 1% incoming healing is not awesome.

So you would prefer the few hundred in each stat that dark enchantments would give you? Also, rank 15 would give more than 5%, that 5% I threw out there was with 5 R10s. All rank 15 would be 10% (and thus 25k more power for the healer when healing you at 150k power or if we go for 200k power to keep endgame it would be like adding 30k).
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    the loss in value isn't because of the change to the rate. it's because it's been added to the tb store. the prices on ALL enchants are going to tank. and they'll stay tanked because of supply and demand. there are a lot of hoarded tbs out there because nothing to spend them on. all there were are scrolls and you only need so many of them. the prices just recently started going up on them. they were cheap and really not worth spending tbs on for a great while. I have enough stored tbs to out fit a toon with all r15s. just on hand. a lot of people are going to do that and sell every thing they have. I know I'm doing just that. i'm running around with r10's until that day now. after selling most of my enchants.