test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Protecting the portal

regpeiregpei Member Posts: 86 Arc User
So I have a question, why was the portal to turen changed on the overworld map? It's moved to IWD now yet it's part of the Tyranny of Dragons campaign. Also, killing enemies in the portal do not count toward Sybella quests kill enemies in WOD. Does it count for IWD kills now? I dont' have the quest to check it!

What gives?

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    regpei said:

So I have a question, why was the portal to turen changed on the overworld map? It's moved to IWD now yet it's part of the Tyranny of Dragons campaign. Also, killing enemies in the portal do not count toward Sybella quests kill enemies in WOD. Does it count for IWD kills now? I dont' have the quest to check it!

What gives?

You go to the north in icy environment. It should been in that map in the beginning for the geographic location.
    The location in the map has nothing to do with the campaign.
    It was always strange for me when they put that in the original map.
    Changing the location without mentioning in the patch note did throw me a curve ball.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    The enemies in the Portal area count for killing Severin's cultists only.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    regpei said:

What gives?

I don't know exactly when, but you could access Portal from the IWD map when you had the quest active. My guess is the removed it from the Sword Coast map to eliminate a redundancy.