What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

An insult to healers and tanks

2»

Comments

• finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited May 2020

Come on, you all have a DPS paragons.
    Also you can choose heroic where no one else farming. and mobs will be easy. Also you don't need a party - then your progress will going much faster.

Cemetierre,
    Your'e showing a typical sign of total ignorance and clearly no knowledge of other classes..
    Don't you have a Paladin by chance???
    A Paladin has a Tank and a Heal Paragon... NO DPS

Show me where I can find the heroic version of this instance, I would love to enter it... Free from the Ape Legion

Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • paulamyo#4926 paulamyo Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    Well, it seems that this issue will be adressed in todays patch:
    Absorption rates for Glyphwork energy should be more consistent between DPS and non DPS roles. Chance to gain should be the same as longs as the team/solo player has done damage to the target.
    If I understand correctly if two chars damage an enemy they will both get 50% of getting credit, no matter how much damage each one did to the enemy. This will make people just spam area attacks to try to maximize chances but it clearly will level the chances between most parangons.

So at first sight a good change, thanks devs for listening. Will make lot of people happier. Hope it works.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I haven't even bothered with Rage of Bel yet. After watching Northside on Preview, I knew this was of no interest to me. However I assume the reason for this "credit for kills" is the abysmal issue with Siege. Early yesterday, I logged in as Dirk and found a fresh Siege in my map. I started inviting lots of players to the event. Once my party got full I dropped out and invited more. Then my cleric jumped down into the event and started blasting on demons to pull them off catapults. After some time I noticed I was the only one pulling demons and only one catapult is in use. Everyone else is huddled up at the campfire... waiting for Hell to freeze over.

The majority of the players are now just waiting for someone else to do all the heavy lifting to rush the boss at the end? No more Siege for me. I see this issue will eventually make siege pointless in the future, if it isn't pointless now. Too bad no one PLAYS this game anymore, they want me to play for them. This made me feel real jaded about the whole mess. But I hooked up with a player Daniel and a few others and together we knocked out some minor HEs for him and some others. They asked if I needed any more, but I told them, I had all my HEs done yesterday, and I was just happy to see players actually playing the game.

Too many people standing about in an event being a leech is probably the main reason you need to get credit in this new event. As I said, I only watched some YouTubers play it, and have no desire to jump into the deep end of that pool.

Thank you to all of you who continue to preview.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    finmakin said:

Come on, you all have a DPS paragons.
    Also you can choose heroic where no one else farming. and mobs will be easy. Also you don't need a party - then your progress will going much faster.

Cemetierre,
    Your'e showing a typical sign of total ignorance and clearly no knowledge of other classes..
    Don't you have a Paladin by chance???
    A Paladin has a Tank and a Heal Paragon... NO DPS

Show me where I can find the heroic version of this instance, I would love to enter it... Free from the Ape Legion

ok, paladin. but how you finished all else missions in game? not by damage?
    Paladins are good in damage if they want so isn't a problem.

yea, I have a small Berserker and it may be hard with him, because I'm weak yet, and it's normal )

and a game now are more friendly to supports then a few modules earlier.

--------------

But something I found bad for supports in Bel, it's that you don't truly need a support in trial. It may be done with 3-4 DPS classes much faster. But perhaps because I don't see a good supports there yet. Healers that don't know when they must be, and all the time you heals by potions. Or tanks who can't keeps boss straight to them.
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• tanthalaz#3626 tanthalaz Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    i wont even play this instance until it is fixed. we did an insurgence and got 0 energy absorbed. not worth my time.
  • finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 442 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Looks like the patch is a succes.`
    Got percentages after pulling & fighting.
    Tomorrow i will check Heals

Thanks goes to the Dev team
    Post edited by finmakin on
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • josephskyrimjosephskyrim Member Posts: 356 Arc User
    The group I chanced upon last night were nice enough to keep the portal open for a long time, but even then my HR only got 2% since I'm slow to actually kill things. Still an improvement from the last foray where I got 1%.

If that's working as intended then the devs have completely lost their touch. If that is broken, then the devs clearly have no idea how to test their releases.
    If you can't stand on a chest, it is a mimic!
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    I can't understand why Bel's "Wimpy" Legion is so small, after all the hell pit group is bigger than the Insurgency and a lot tougher.

Maybe they should gate in the 'Hell Pit Crews' and let us fight them for up to 5% per area and then be able to another area to get another up to 5% from each of the other 4 "Island Battle Zones" and Bel can't spawn until Island 5 has been closed by (and only by the last person to gate in after they complete their 20% for the day.

The extra time used will be taken out of Bel's "Rest Period".
  • smexyguy1#5311 smexyguy1 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    No clue what you people are doing but my paladin tank and healer both get 20% and its not 27 k its 21k . So either you dont know what you are doing or you should play a new class .
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited May 2020

No clue what you people are doing but my paladin tank and healer both get 20% and its not 27 k its 21k . So either you dont know what you are doing or you should play a new class .

Well, the system was changed with recent patches probably because of feedback threads like this one right here, otherwise tank and healer players would still be looking at 1-5% at the most per run on a good day... and yes, i can get 20% during one run with a bit of luck on my 19k Fighter now too.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • paulamyo#4926 paulamyo Member Posts: 73 Arc User

Thanks for your input... facepalm.

This issue was already fixed in the last patch, so please if a mod can close this thread its ok for me.