test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hell pit event not working again

nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
As of today, the Hell Pit NPC is not giving the quest anymore so I can't participate in the event.

I have checked with alters and the NPC is not giving the mission to them either.

Not sure if this is the same bug that we had last year that left many of us out of the event for many days.

Comments

• hades#2194 hades Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    same here i can't access hell pit, was fine yesterday
  • hades#2194 hades Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Post edited by hades#2194 on
  • regpeiregpei Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    That happened to me yesterday. Did you get the buyout? I got the buyout + 1 little pack so I believe I hit the limit of flames early. I'm waiting to hear back from support but I'm thinking there going to tell me that I paid NOT to play the game. If that's the answer I get I'll be wild! I did the pack for tales but it let me keep playing and earning pages. Why would hell pit would be any different. Zen store purchase said nothing about not being able to play.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    Make sure you are using the loadout that has enough item level. I often switch to my XP loadout which has low item level. If my character visits the quest giver with that loadout, he will not give me the quest.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited May 2020

Make sure you are using the loadout that has enough item level. I often switch to my XP loadout which has low item level. If my character visits the quest giver with that loadout, he will not give me the quest.

Thanks, tried it but it didn't work at all :(

As of today I'm still out of the event and I can't play it at all :(

• lonerathlonerath Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Do you have a companion summoned?
    I had this problem until my companion came back from training and the quest re-appeared.
    lonerath said:

Do you have a companion summoned?
    I had this problem until my companion came back from training and the quest re-appeared.

Yes, the bulette pup named "Bulette Pup" is my companion.
    Did you get a buyout for this event?
    Customer support response was that I posted the problem here so the developers see the problem :s
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hi @nisckis! Did you buy out the event? Did you leave the completed quest unturned at some point previously? Thanks!

Hi @nisckis! Did you buy out the event? Did you leave the completed quest unturned at some point previously? Thanks!

hi @nitocris83 , yes I was unfortunate to buy the Zen pack thinking it would work like other event packs like the one from Tales of Old, which give you tokens and advancement, or that the pack would work like on the previous Hell Pit event where you got the tokens and once some bugs were solved you could play the event.

Last Hell pit event, I had the mission but the portal would not open so I was left out of the event for 8 days, this time I don't even get the mission.
    edited May 2020
    Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I have a support ticket open that I've asked be escalated or put to a supervisor to review, the delivery of this buyout is not good :( Zen store should say in BIG RED LETTERS, after completing this purchase you can NOT play the Hell Pit event to the end.

I'm upset that I paid not to play. Cash money for that buyout too! Support tells me I'm HAMSTER outta luck and that I've wasted my zen and they will not refund the zen. The first buyout I ever did was Tales of Old. This event followed it, why would I expect it to be any different? :( Next event I won't be so quick to spend money.
    Hi again @nitocris83 ,

as this Hell Pit has mostly ended, so this problem doesn't happen ever again, could you please ask whoever is in charge of the Zen store to make all items from events that affect the playability of the event have a clear statement about that fact if you buy the items?

Thanks a lot in advance.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    nisckis said:

Hi again @nitocris83 ,

as this Hell Pit has mostly ended, so this problem doesn't happen ever again, could you please ask whoever is in charge of the Zen store to make all items from events that affect the playability of the event have a clear statement about that fact if you buy the items?

Thanks a lot in advance.

This has been requested.

nisckis said:

Hi again @nitocris83 ,

Thanks a lot in advance.

This has been requested.
    Thanks a lot =)
  • ochocolasxochocolasx Member Posts: 8 Arc User

Hello I have a problem or a question, I kill the last boss of hell pit and I could not enter the event anymore, but at the end of event, they did not give me the achivment scroll or scrolls, or whatever the reward they give at the end. What can you tell me about it, is it a failure ?, where it is reported or what is done.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

Hello I have a problem or a question, I kill the last boss of hell pit and I could not enter the event anymore, but at the end of event, they did not give me the achivment scroll or scrolls, or whatever the reward they give at the end. What can you tell me about it, is it a failure ?, where it is reported or what is done.

What did you think you were supposed to get at the end ? You do get one token of achivement for participating 14 times, which typically is at the end of week 2 ... there is no special reward at the end of 21 days.

Hoping for improvements...
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    edited June 2020

You get one token of achievement in your day 14. You can only get one per Hell Pit event.
    On Day 21 (after killing Wilfred), you get some "regular" tokens. The last 7 days are "bonus" to get more "regular" tokens.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***