test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Old player relearning - Character Build

pete#6644 pete Member Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2020 in General Discussion (PC)
Looking for some advice. I hadn't played in about 2 years and got back in to the game due to the quarantine. I have a lvl 61 Drow Ranger who appears to be pretty weak. I got my butt kicked by lvl 56 monsters. I have a total of 72,621 max health, 50,820 of that from items. I was never a super savvy payer so I'm not sure what's going on. I have another lvl 62 character than has no problem holding his own agains lvl 60 monsters. Any help or advise is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
    Google "neverwinter mod 18 builds"
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Are you in a guild yet?
    You need a companion and bonding runestones, get what you can afford atm but don't go all in on buying stuff. When you are lvl 70 you can get a chest with free gear (it's the Undermountain intro chest) that should get you through most campaigns.
    - bye bye -
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    Not much to understand really. They took out the boons and reduced them to points. The eliminated the feats tab of 33 choices, down to 5 out of 10. You cannot roll the dice on attributes anymore (STR, WIS, DEX, etc.), you are given a set by class. Key stats to boost are Power, Armor Penetration, Critical Avoidance, and Defense. Most of these stats are expressed in thousandths of 1%. Having 27,380 in Critical Strike is 27.38% and Critical Avoidance was made to counter it. Critical Strike caps out at 50%, as I recall? But I don't mess with stat juggling, since all these level 80 characters become god-like once you get into the item level 1225 or higher gear.

Companions share their equipment, no longer use any of your equipment, and you need to get them companion only equipment. There is 3 bondings slots required and the runestones now fit into the companion only items. A good cheap companion to have is the Zhentarim Warlock, while most players are going with augments, as many of the companions fail to perform.

Menus are a little shuffled but you will eventually find it or it just no longer exists.

I haven't leveled up a character in years now, but all my friends have told me, it is too easy to get from 1 to 80 now. I do see a lot of new people in the game with poor gear, bad artifacts, and no boons running "end game" content. Only their low item level is keeping them out of the dungeons.

Finally the professions had a huge change from the old 2D menus to a 3D workshop you visit. There is profit to be made there, ask around and someone will help you out.

EDIT: Almost forgot, you should be running Elemental Evil now. Back in 2018, they reduced it to a weekend campaign. You can do that and get 4 boon points, as long as you don't get driven insane by all the fetch quests. Once you hit level 70 start the Undermountain (also done in a few days) will end you at level 80. But for the love of all the Gods of Faerun, please get some real artifacts from the Auction House. Press CTRL+J to bring up their preview menu in the game.
    Post edited by sandukutupu on
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    micheal1979micheal1979 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Google Crolm the Reaver my youtube has some builds up for several classes and a lot on rangers. Best of luck and I see lots of great advice already posted on your thread.
    We Are Crolm
    Believer in SMASH
    Fairplay,no bots , no bugs, and play well
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnN0Yofs-Scv1nd8U_bSYLA/featured