test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Does ignore list apply to AH posting?

plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,217 Arc User
edited April 2020 in General Discussion (PC)

i.e. you cannot see the posting of the item of the people you are ignoreing.

If that is true, that would solve one mystery for me. i.e. some time, my higher price item was sold (even in 2nd or 3rd page) before a lot of lower price offering.

No, I am not complaining. I am actually happy about this (if this is true). :)
*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    AFAIK, Ignore only affects whether or not the person can PM you, invite you, or you seeing their texts in chat.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited April 2020

i.e. you cannot see the posting of the item of the people you are ignoreing.

If that is true, that would solve one mystery for me. i.e. some time, my higher price item was sold (even in 2nd or 3rd page) before a lot of lower price offering.

No, I am not complaining. I am actually happy about this (if this is true). :)

If a player does a 'non-category' search for an item on AH, they will get a partial list in some cases... which will not contain the cheapest of the items. When searching AH values i recomend doing it under the item category to avoid this. I discovered it when checking prices one day.

General search for "Barbed Insignia of Dominance" with 'Legendary' selected:
    This yields one item for sale - Barbed Insignia of Dominance for 1,203,916

Now a search for "Barbed Insignia of Dominance" under Mounts-Insignia with 'Legendary selected:
    This yields 14 items for sale: cheapest = 847,950 most expensive = 1,203,916

*** Beware of this bug or search engine limitation. This could be exploited by sellers purposely to place the most expensive item in hopes that someone will buy, thinking its the only item left. This irregularity in search behavior could cost a player many millions of AD over the long haul ***
  • Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    The ignore list only applies to chat. You will not get any private messages from that user that has ignored you or that you have ignored. That user can not see what text you type into a party chat and the same for you. Meaning you cant see what they say and they cant see what you say.
    That is all the ignore does really. Stops the two of you from actually communicating between the two of you. Everything else however is open.
    If the ignore actually worked the way it should then all actions with the two of you would stop. Even queuing into a dungeon together would not work.
    That just is not how ignore list works however.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    That also seems to extend to party voice chat.

Wanting ignore to do all that seems beyond the capabilities of any ignore function I have ever seen in any game.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.