test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please remove bound to character...

aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User
I know many have been asking this for a long time now, but it would really balance out MANY issues in game.

Many of us like playing our DPS toons (IE mine is a ranger), but have no problems tanking (except that our tanks have no gear) for events and random ques. Removing bound to character items would allow us to temporarily alleviate these shortages while not having to completely build out two or more characters (something that is not favorable with how much upgrades cost lately, IE an endgame toon can cost well over 200 million AD to create (between companions, wards, etc). I could understand certain quest claims (such as the heart of fire enchantment being character bound, and locking down the item it's attached to), but there is little reason to keep other things as character bound. This would also solve issues such as the 5 different types of objects in the database (I.E. I have 2 different types of scrolls of mass life that are character bound, 2 of account bound and 1 unbound, have seen the same on pres wards). As a quality of life improvement, I think this would go a very long way with the game. Just a consideration, thanks for taking the time to read.

Comments

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Will never happen. They prefer people to spent time in the game to grind out stuff for each character they want to play. Not grind out one set of equipment and play any character.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    Actually, i think they are in the process of making things more "bound to account" right now. They are not, however, going to convert all the "bound to character" items into "bound to account". This would destroy the economy and incentives for player progression. There is a proper place and use for "bound to character" status. From what I see they are hard at work (which is slow from a player perspective) balancing this out over time as mods roll out. I think their objective is to make the game more fun, allow players to play multiple characters without a harsh time or financial burden, while ensuring that they still make good money and that the game has progression and rewards playing without over-rewarding farmers.
  • dracory1#6808 dracory1 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    You know, the only crucial things that weren't made account wide right now are BIS companions.

Enchants? Acc bound at most.
    Insignia? BIS for sure won't be char bound.
    Mounts? Last pack gave us account wide mounts for DPS and healers (still no triceratops for tanks).
    Gear? You can buy gear for other classes with seals. Only one character needs to complete ToMM, too. Most UM gear is account bound if not unbound. Juma gives unbound. Avernus is BtA.
    Companion gear? BtA for BIS.

So far I think only creating vivified pieces of primal gear, getting lion guard armor pieces, getting a mount for a tank and getting companion for active and slots is a problem for alts.
    Bag space should not be a problem once you get rid of all that is useless from your inventory and or transfer to alts.
  • aradyn#0871 aradyn Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    When I typed this, I was thinking more about this event stuff...Lately I have put gear on my fighter (just to get ques going) and for tales, I would be willing to do the same, EXCEPT, I don't care if either of those get the artifacts... It would be nice to somehow do tales on a healer and be able to transfer the artifacts and such to my HR (even if it meant making it a max amount of tokens per day per account)... Just ideas to end the endless group looking for cleric (for tales) or group looking for tank (redq/rtq). Pretty much the only 2 that really hurt for my toons is the fact that I have to farm the artifacts on my DPS, and it would be nice to send companions to my tank from time to time.
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Some things are ok bound to character. a lot of things are not. I'm ok with how it is currently.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I can actually relate to what the OP is saying. Sorry to keep bringing up Guild Wars, but in the original game, I could give my monk (healer) an ax and they would use it. Not very well without a warrior class skills attached but they would use whatever weapon. Their armor was class bound but you could pull it off and hand it off to another of the same class. All the same, nobody I knew in the whole game, had all their characters using just one set of armor. In fact, to this day, I still pick up weapons, my chest is full of weapons, and more parts to make weapons.

There is an option to make your gear permanently bound to your character but this is only used as a protection from it being sold by accident. The game has a weird sale system, that will not allow buying items back from the vendor.

Could they remove bound on character and keep the economy up? Yes I think it is possible, but unlikely to happen.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    NWO is not built for anyone to use any weapon at all so I'm afraid that's impossible, ESO works like that.