test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rogue underpowered?

ximinett#0537 ximinett Member Posts: 20 Arc User
I played all classes but the rogue... I feel a bit underpowered with it compared to a barbarian for example. I am still low level, 38,to judge but I enjoy my rogue, just I need a of more damage. I go full STR and DEX,so dunno what happen.

I guess daggers does less damage but more critical power? Because normal hits does less damage than a great sword but when they land a critical, is much better.

I go till endgame with my rogue, hopefully things change a bit then. But atm the rogue is ok. Do you know if is just me or rogues need a buff?

Comments

• phoeniraphoenira Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    From my experience, rogues are very good damage dealers in the game and do very well in late endgame - with enough skill and practise (but I could be biased). Early game, especially leveling area is unfortunately no real indication of endgame in terms of damage - from my experience. I suggest that you level to level 80 and try to increase your item level then to get a feeling for the rogue.
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    once you unlock your paragon at level 30 and get some of those high magnitude encounters, you're gonna enjoy it more 1 shotting most mobs.
  • the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
    Hit level 80, gear your toon, learn mechanics and you will actually realise that Rogue is overpowered compared with other classes you have mentioned.
  • demarw2#2749 demarw2 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    In my opinion the rogue is very easy to play especially while leveling. Leveling my Barbarian was much harder. You have to use the first encounter skill in stealth because there is no CD afterwards. After using it twice every mob group should be killed. If there is an elite mob still alive: Lashing Blade.
  • kingkevin#3240 kingkevin Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Trickster rogues right now are in a really good spot
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    TR... for the single-player everything must die within single rotation, because if not, you are screwed. TR is one of the most awkward mutants that M16 produced. There is absolutely no fluency in attacks, no matter how you try. This actually goes away if there is a tank next to you taking the agro, but in the single-player there is... maybe one companion left with taunt? I do not know if it even works...

For the single-player go Assassin. That one has a feat doubling the recovery of stealth which is extremely useful. You have stealth filled before the next encounter and even can regain full bar in the middle of the fight, which is a feat that Whisperknife mostly cannot achieve. (taking the damage is too punishing)

Rogues are not suited for a direct confrontation - and the long cool-downs on everything split most of the single-player fights into two possibilities: everything dead within one rotation - or - running around like a headless chicken.
  • chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    rikitaki said:

everything dead within one rotation - or - running around like a headless chicken.

I prefer to call it Strategic dodging
  • rev#7881 rev Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    as everyone told you the class is in a good spot right now, but i think the reason you feel the class is underpowered compared to a barb is probably because rogues lack an aoe at-will, so when you do your encounter rotation on a barb you can still spam relentless slash and melt stuff, while on the rogue if you don't kill stuff on your first rotation you will have to kill them 1 by 1 with at-wills and wait for your cooldowns to come back up