test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stance Always Reverts to Ranged Whenever I Zone (Warden) PC

draxxia2020#6532 draxxia2020 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2020 in The Wilds
Hello,
I am new to the game so not sure whether this is normal but every time I move to a new zone my stance, which is normally Melee, always reverts to Ranged. Not an especially big deal I guess, I just hit Tab to swap it back, but I tend to forget to do this and so my first encounter attack (Marauder's Rush) actually becomes a somewhat embarrassing Marauder's Escape!

This issue only arose after I created a Melee loadout (which I now routinely use) to replace my previous, rather ineffective, Warden Ranged build (which I have saved but don't use). I also noticed that I was initially having some trouble dragging my chosen two 'At Will' skills onto my hotbar although after several attempts (and swapping zones a couple of times) this problem seemed to resolve itself.

So have I done something dumb or is this an known issue?

Thanks.

Comments

• amascus#1899 amascus Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    It has always been this way, the default is ranged and it will change each time you zone or change characters. I am not saying it is right just that that is how it has always been, at least we don't change to combat position when in melee stance anymore :)
  • draxxia2020#6532 draxxia2020 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    @amascus#1899 Thanks for the reply :) Reassuring for me to know that I haven't caused the problem by doing something stupid. I now just need to train myself to automatically hit Tab every time I zone!
  • typo#6563 typo Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    It would be nice is there was a way to set what you want the default to be for a particular loadout. But that said, like you mentioned, it's not too hard to toggle back to melee. Still, there will be those embarrassing and funny moments where your ranger flies back 50 feet with Marauder's Escape, LOL
    Extraneous Typo

• amascus#1899 amascus Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    Most melee use boars rush anyway pop boars skin before you go into melee stance it is a good way to remember and adds defense to you and your party for awhile.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    typo#6563 said:

It would be nice is there was a way to set what you want the default to be for a particular loadout. But that said, like you mentioned, it's not too hard to toggle back to melee. Still, there will be those embarrassing and funny moments where your ranger flies back 50 feet with Marauder's Escape, LOL

Ah yes, same here. It's only embarrassing when you don't pretend its what you wanted to have xD

- bye bye -