test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Black Ice Warhorse Mount Power Damage Bug

sekosek#5740 sekosek Member Posts: 120 Arc User
edited April 2020 in Bug Reports (PC)
Hey,

As the title says, Legendary mount Black Ice Warhorse's Mount Power is bugged. Tooltip says: it deals 222 damage every 0.5 seconds for 1.5 seconds.

First problem is, it is not magnitude based damage. It is dealing flat ~222 damage, so it is way more less than it should be.

Second problem is, according to tooltip, it should deal 222x3 = 666 damage. But it only deals 2 instances of damage. So again 1/3 of it does not deal damage.

Third problem, I do not know if its was just super unlucky but no matter how many times I tried, this power can not hit critically.

Fourth problem, when it calculates its damage, but somehow when my character is full capped on stats and hitting on dummies, its damage gets reduced somehow. I do not know if its related to not dealing "magnitude" damage. But there is definetly something wrong with it.

Also, it says its dealing "lightning" damage. As far as I know, lightning damage only gets buffed by magical damage boost. I do not know how other mount powers deal damage, but I think a mount power should not be related to only physical and magical damage.

I tested this with test weapons. And comparing it with Sure Strike, which is 45 magnitude. This is what happens when I hit the dummy with Sure Strike once, then use the mount power.

[Combat (Self)] Your Sure Strike deals 180 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Black Ice Storm deals 215 (217) Lightning Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Black Ice Storm deals 219 (220) Lightning Damage to Target Dummy.

And if I try with Lionheart Weapons, numbers are like this:

[Combat (Self)] Your Sure Strike deals 8257 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Bilethorn Weapon deals 413 Poison Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Black Ice Storm deals 9705 (9779) Lightning Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Black Ice Storm deals 8346 (8409) Lightning Damage to Target Dummy.

Legendary mounts are the single most valuable items right now and we are spending tons of ad/zen to buy these, so it would be nice to see them working properly. Some of my friends said this issue has been reported before. I hope this time we can get a feedback about this.

Thanks for reading. Have a nice day.

Edit: I figured that its damage floaters are catagorized under "Created Entity Floaters" which can be turned on/off in interface options. Maybe it does not count as player damage, maybe that is why its damage does not scale from players stats.
Post edited by sekosek#5740 on

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Escalating for investigation.
  • zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited April 2020
    I noticed this with most mounts. If i recall... the mounts use the magnitude times weapon damage only. Power,Crit,CombatAdvantage, and boosts are all ignored in the calculation. Since the mount power takes a second to activate... they are doing an amount of damage about equal to a second of At-Will useage. The net gain is zero. Furthermore, Cavalry's Charge was nerfed to the point that it 'maybe' boosts damage by 1% if you use it. Since the Mount Attacks are impotent... everyone is deploying Swarm, Tensors, and other powers that have some actual effect.
  • sekosek#5740 sekosek Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    Yes, some mounts are not working properly, I do not know the others, but Black Ice Warhorse is one of them. For some reason it does not scale with our stats. So even if we are capped, this power can be deflected and may not crit and since it can not ignore defence it deals very low damage. One more weird thing, when I use the mount power I do not see the floating numbers, they do not show up on my screen. I also have the Crystalline Warhorse, and its mount power is working perfectly. Maybe the old mount powers have problem with their damage formula, while the new ones are working properly.
  • kronus#9296 kronus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 163 Arc User
    I have one on my TR for over a year now. I don't even bother using the mount power because it's basically worthless and has been at least since I've owned it. I remember this being mentioned in another thread quite some time ago. I think it might have been on one of the test shard threads.
  • daddyroush#1774 daddyroush Member Posts: 7 Arc User

Escalating for investigation.

Would you please investigate the fact that Mighty Vitality for the Barbarian Sentinel was supposed to be fixed last week on console, and instead, after the patch, it was broke and does not even work at all now. Before patch, 746K HP, after patch, nothing. My character sits at 688K HP now. He went from being a viable tank for end game content to being put back on the shelf.

I'm not the only one asking about it. We have all been posting and submitting tickets, which does absolutely no good because all customer support is doing is pawning us off on the forums and marking off our tickets as "Problem Solved". The problem is not solved. The problem hasn't been fixed, and this is going on for 2 weeks now on console, and not even so much as a eyebrow from any of "you" in the forums.
  • rapidstar#3272 rapidstar Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    @nitocris83 Hi, I'm just wondering if there is any update on this situation? When could we expect it to be solved?