test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Where's the "TRANSPARENCY"?

dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
I seem to remember several people connected with Neverwinter speaking to players about providing more "transparency" going forward...

But here we are with another: "Your Powers, feats, boons and abilities have been reset", no prior notice, no explanation and response from those here on the forum asking why...

Where's the "transparency"? :angry:
DD~

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    robai#6206 robai Member Posts: 344 Arc User
    Yeah, it's annoying to waste time on choosing powers, boons, etc. and read descriptions yet AGAIN.

I want to play the game instead.

At least give us some option to see what powers that toon used before resetting, because I forget things (a warning would be nice, so that I would make screenshots before resetting).
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    Imagine if we received update notes 2 weeks in advance.

Devs would get feedback on how the community reacts to the proposed changes.
    Devs would get lots of questions about how some of the changes work or what they mean.
    Players would have a chance to test on preview server.
    Changes, and adjustments could be made before the 2 weeks was up.

Cryptic would become more accountable for their releases and those choices, but at the same time, would have an opportunity to explain their choices. They would have to deal with more negativity from players demanding things. It is easier for players to come online and threaten to rage quit if this or that change goes forward. On the flipside, players would feel more engaged. The markets would have a more natural adjustment cycle and less inside trading. Personally, I think the benefits would outway the negatives.
  • Options
    b4t1b4tb4t1b4t Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    my two cents are this. 1 yes working from home sucks and that is how it is for the time being. however when you are a company you must act and be professional regardless of how things are going. miscommunication should really never happen with in a company.
    if someone some how some where knew 100% that the stuff was going to be reset then it was that person that decided to not state it. Other wise yes everyone should have been told that apply such a patch would reset their specs and give them time to copy it. Thats just my two cents. However I will add that I can understand how this issue we are facing can lead to issues so maybe it was a simple mistake ??