test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Preservation wards broke the Zen exchange.

xenocide#6119 xenocide Member Posts: 251 Arc User
We need a way to obtain preservation wards outside of the auction house and Zen market.

Problem: people would rather spend Zen on preservation wards instead of selling it on the exchange because you get 950,000 astral diamonds per 1000 Zen from wards compared to 750,000 astral diamonds from selling it on the exchange.

Problem #2: the high demand placed on preservation wards is making them very expensive. Making it harder and harder for newer players to "catch up". The slower progressing is also discouraging.

Solution: Add preservation wards to the wondrous bazzar at a price equal to the Zen exchange cost + 10% (8250 ad/ea).

Please consider this idea, feel free to add improvements or voice concerns.

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Pres wards come from a number of sources in the game. Just not in large numbers.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    This is not new. There has been almost certain mean to workaround the Zax cap. These days, it may be ward. In the past, it was lockbox key. In the future, if this is changed, players will find something else. Wards were in T-bar store before but they moved that to Zen store. I believe that was called ward gate or something like that.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    "Coalgate". People yelled more about he coalescent wards than the preservation wards. Both should be returned since we were told that they wouldn't be leaving there.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    greywynd said:

"Coalgate". People yelled more about he coalescent wards than the preservation wards. Both should be returned since we were told that they wouldn't be leaving there.

Agree x 10.

Put Coals and Pres Wards back in the Trade Bar Store - encourages more VIP spend = more cash into the game = a better game.
  • Options
    the1truehunterthe1truehunter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 211 Arc User
    It is in their interests to have Preservation Wards in Zen Store and make Zax irrelevant. This way you will be forced to spend money instead of waiting for Zax. Why? Of course someone will need to spend their Money in order to get you the requested Zen via Zax, but if you don t get it in time to grab a promotional item, you will be tentated to spend Cash fast. It is just one more dissapointment on our list with is not their priority. They have a calendar, they follow it and they won't do anything for us no matter how important it is, because we aren't their customers, aren't we? This is the kind of game at this point who rage for cash, because economy wise is at it s lowest level. I hate gambling every time during the chest loots hoping that I will get someting to sell or use. I spent many hours in the past few days trying my luck on every chest in all endgame dungeons. My rng just sucks. Nothing but Black Opals. I spent over 1m AD because when I run a dungeon over a thousend time I eventually get bored and the single reason I do it is just for loot. Hope this would be seen by one of the developement member and think twice when they will take future decisions regarding the priorities
  • Options
    john#8455 john Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    This seems like a silly discussion. In the past week I've seen many ways to acquire pres wards, traders on the trade channel offering to trade them or enchantments, gold, gear, the 2x refining event while opening coffers,the gond event gave out many of them. Zax exchange and then buy for Zen. Seems like people just don't want to be creative or work for them.
  • Options
    edited March 2020

This seems like a silly discussion. In the past week I've seen many ways to acquire pres wards, traders on the trade channel offering to trade them or enchantments, gold, gear, the 2x refining event while opening coffers,the gond event gave out many of them. Zax exchange and then buy for Zen. Seems like people just don't want to be creative or work for them.

There is only one source of unbound ward at the moment. From Zen store.

You cannot farm unbound wards. I personally do not need to buy any ward. I just farmed them. However, the ward you farmed or gifted are character bound or account bound. You cannot trade those. If you farm them, well, that will take a long while and many people can't wait although I am not one of them.

Somebody can trade wards only because those wards were purchased from Zen store. OP complains people got around Zax to convert Zen to more AD through buying ward from Zen store and sell that in AH. What it implies is: buying Zen in Zax will take longer. His point was not about buying wards himself but the long queue in Zax.

As as side note, Zax seems to be broken last week as people reported they could not sell Zen in Zax (note: sell zen, not buy zen).
    If people cannot sell Zen, it means the buy Zen queue will just stall.
    This "broken" is not what OP means though.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    Did you want the pres wards to be added to the WB store so that you can purchase them 40% and up to 80% off when certain events in game happens? Now that would destroy the zen exchange. Or if you didnt think about this, then now you have the time to. :disappointed:
  • Options
    edited March 2020

Did you want the pres wards to be added to the WB store so that you can purchase them 40% and up to 80% off when certain events in game happens? Now that would destroy the zen exchange. Or if you didnt think about this, then now you have the time to. :disappointed:

Why would that destroy the Zen exchange? It will IMPROVE Zen exchange (not necessary Cryptic though).

Those who sells Zen in Zax wants AD. If there is another way to get more AD from the same amount of Zen and if it is easy, they will go that route. That route right now is to use their Zen to buy wards to sell in AH. However, this way depends on the demand of unbound wards and have some risk. One change of the game can mess you up and that happened in the past.

If Wards is sold in WB and not in Zen store, that makes wards irrelevant in Zax.

For the cash player who wants wards and can't wait, they will use money to buy Zen. Use Zen to buy AD in Zax. Use AD to buy wards in WB. This will shorten the Zax queue. For those who used get Zen to buy wards from Zen store will not need to do so. The Zax queue will be shortened further.

This creates DEMAND of AD (to buy stuff in WB). Better demand of AD, better Zax, shorter Zax queue.
    This lower demand of Zen (that used to be spent in Zen store to buy wards). Lower demand of Zen, better Zax, shorter Zax queue.

If you are hoarding unbound ward for selling, sure, it will mess you up.
    If you are hoarding high level enchantment/runestone for selling, sure, it will mess you up.

On the other hand, as I mentioned above, if wards are taken out from Zen store, players will find another Zen store item to do the same trick.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    r000kie said:

Problem: people would rather spend Zen on preservation wards instead of selling it on the exchange

Lol... I'm a Zen hoarder, but how this is bad for the game itself? People cannot buy Zen with AD -> buy real ZEN then and get wards cheaper, in AD. Exchange Zen spent on pres wards then sold on AH at 10% tax (95k AD removed from game for each stack of 99) will go towards mitigating the HUGE AD fountain which was Zok with 5k/pop.

If you are talking about AD sink, it is MUCH better to put that in WB.
    When you buy it from WB (for discounts), 100% AD is destroyed.
    When you sell it in AH (use discount as profit margin), another 10% of the AD is destroyed.

There is no AD destroyed in a pure Zax transaction.
  • Options
    durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    You must be forgetting how there is so much AD circulating in PC because of previous mishaps and abuses and exploits from way back. Now imagine being able to buy pres wards from WB, they would have no need to wait to purchase zen, thus making zen wait time a lot less. Yes that will happen. But what will also happen, is that now, what else would people want to buy with zen from the zen market? keys? packs? bags? These are not for everyone, so maybe a handful of people will still use the zax, but for most f2p, i would think pres wards are their number one concern. Now with no need to (wait to)purchase zen, then there would be now less people using zax and having the feeling that they need to purchase zen (which is how it is today) would no longer be there, thus making buying zen already less alluring than it is, because all the essentials can just be bought with AD, with that VIP 40% discount to boot, not including certain events that can drive its price way lower.

That will be good for players, but crpytic cash inflow would be worst than it is now, with no longer any immediate need to get zen with what they are currently selling there.

• Options
    edited April 2020

You must be forgetting how there is so much AD circulating in PC because of previous mishaps and abuses and exploits from way back. Now imagine being able to buy pres wards from WB, they would have no need to wait to purchase zen, thus making zen wait time a lot less. Yes that will happen. But what will also happen, is that now, what else would people want to buy with zen from the zen market? keys? packs? bags? These are not for everyone, so maybe a handful of people will still use the zax, but for most f2p, i would think pres wards are their number one concern. Now with no need to (wait to)purchase zen, then there would be now less people using zax and having the feeling that they need to purchase zen (which is how it is today) would no longer be there, thus making buying zen already less alluring than it is, because all the essentials can just be bought with AD, with that VIP 40% discount to boot, not including certain events that can drive its price way lower.

That will be good for players, but crpytic cash inflow would be worst than it is now, with no longer any immediate need to get zen with what they are currently selling there.

For that VIP 40% to boot, you need VIP. Hence, people will want to buy Zen to get VIP which is "bound". Wards is the least of my concern because it can be acquired free (no AD or Zen). VIP cannot be purchased without Zen.

The demand of Zen in Zax will be less but the demand of AD will be more. Cash player will need to get AD. Hence, supply of Zen in Zax will be increased.

Zen is purchased by cash player for 2 reasons:
    1. buy stuff from Zen store.
    2. Use Zax to buy AD.

Zax is moving (slowly) because #2 exists. Giving cash player more incentive to buy AD (such as buy ward from WB or AH), the demand of AD will be increased and the queue moves faster.

I'm sure Cryptic does not want to move wards to WB or T-Bar store.