test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What good scalling equipment should I look for as a new barbarian?

eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
I'm looking for equipment that will scale with my level. What are some good items that don't cost a ton? Stuff I can get starting out as a new barbarian. I have some astral diamonds stockpiled from long ago so I can spend a some on good equipment.
I'm gonna rip your head off and make it my puppet! (NwN2)

Comments

• eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Scaling_equipment
    The items listed on there don't match up with what's on the AH. For example the "Fang of Bahamut" belt on that website says it gives bonuses to:
    Power
    Critical Strike
    Regeneration

but on the AH they say they give bonuses to:
    Combat Rating
    Max HP
    Critical Strike
    Combat Advantage
    Awareness

The site says it was last updated on May 7th 2019. Have things changed so drastically since then? Is there a better website I should check out?
  • eyebreaker7eyebreaker7 Member Posts: 621 Arc User
    Sorry forgot to ask, that site says the items scale with your leveling. How do you know what items do?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

Sorry forgot to ask, that site says the items scale with your leveling. How do you know what items do?

Those item does not have special ability. It just gives you stat and the stat increase when your level increases.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Dragonbone weapons. Ensorcelled Mulhorand weapons.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    edited March 2020
    I would not worry too much about it though.

The quests in the game will provide you with new gear as you level, and in particular it is weapons that matter. Or you can just buy cheap off AH each 10 levels or so if your dps output becomes a problem.

The levelling phase of NW rarely lasts more than 1-2 weeks, so it is probably not a good idea to spend too much money on that.

Primarily get an augment pet(Deepcrow hatchling if you can afford it), and as high bonding runestones as possible. And also try to fill all available slots with something cheap.

Once you hit 70 start the Undermountain quest that will give you a free set of starter gear. You can also get a set from Barovia.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    You should be able to level up any character in about 100 hours or less. I am basing that time on how I play, I do tend to chat a lot, or I stand around rummaging through my inventory. If you are looking at what you need for the future level 80 you, just search the AH for gear "item level" 950 this will pull up the user made rare +1 gear. When I was leveling, I tossed anything on me that fell off the enemy. There are bounty people in all the adventure zones. For example, you can & will collect Many Arrows Insignia in the Tower District. Take them to a bounty vendor and get gear rated for that area.

Get some gear with utility slots (head, arms, and feet) buy three cheap rank 8 azure enchants and pop those on you. XP boosted!
    wb-cenders.gif
  • bumper3bumper3 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I am playing barbarian long time now and personaly I recomend not to buy any scaling equipment at all. Just use the gear you get during your quests it is more than anough. If you are looking for faster and easier level up, join a guild with boons so you can get bonuss to power hp and xp. Also from guild you can get few azure enchaments to put in your helmet gloves and boots to get extra xp and level even faster. With all those scaling gear is a waste of AD. Better save your AD for things you really need when you are 80.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

You should be able to level up any character in about 100 hours or less. I am basing that time on how I play, I do tend to chat a lot, or I stand around rummaging through my inventory. If you are looking at what you need for the future level 80 you, just search the AH for gear "item level" 950 this will pull up the user made rare +1 gear. When I was leveling, I tossed anything on me that fell off the enemy. There are bounty people in all the adventure zones. For example, you can & will collect Many Arrows Insignia in the Tower District. Take them to a bounty vendor and get gear rated for that area.

Get some gear with utility slots (head, arms, and feet) buy three cheap rank 8 azure enchants and pop those on you. XP boosted!

Also, many of the bounty items are available on the Auction House for fairly cheap...
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    I find I tend out out-level an area long before I have enough bounties to buy anything.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.