test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tank Infernal Citadel

demarw2#2749 demarw2 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
Hey all.

Will we need a Tank for the new dungeon Infernal Citadel? And if we will need one, what stats are needed (especially HP)? Thanks.

Comments

• sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    85k stats typically needed, 800k HP is recommended as the first two bosses can slap you around pretty well. You don't need to cap offensive stats but make sure you have enough to hold aggro over your party. A lightning enchant (mobs) and a vorpal (bosses) with an Elven battle enchant. If you're having trouble capping defensive stats focus defense first followed by Crit avoid.
  • demarw2#2749 demarw2 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    OK. Thanks. So it sounds like running IC with 4 dps and 1 heal (like LoMM) is not possible... And with these stats I need a real tank build like for ToMM. So we have to go with a random/ally tank.
  • devilxjkdevilxjk Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    after a lot of runs, tank need also a lot of aggro stats( power, armor penetration,accuracy,...) or an aggro rework formula. GF seems to be the only one that can take aggro.
  • sagakaiyume#0847 sagakaiyume Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    Well, I know for a fact pally can too. Had a 120k power pally keeping aggro over 200k dpses. People really need to stop relying too much on smite during bosses. Read your descriptions, things like pally tab, the sacred weapon, templar's wrath, these all create increased threat unlike smite which just places you at the top of the threat list.
  • bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    My group finished IC today too for the first time (second real attempt). The barbarian tank with 117k power (i think) did a very good job keeping aggro. The DPS were at 200k power (or close).

Took a few hours, but the reason for this was we needed to learn the mechanics of the last boss fight and 1 DPS had serious ping problems.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • micheal1979micheal1979 Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    2 hours hurts me to hear. Tank cap defensive stats 85k, save paladin needs 100k crit avoid. I easily run tic with 600k hp (though to be fair 60% inc heals). I also highly suggest capping offensive stats to help maintain aggro. I have several tank guides for Infernal Citadel on my youtube. Crolm The Reaver.
    We Are Crolm
    Believer in SMASH
    Fairplay,no bots , no bugs, and play well
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnN0Yofs-Scv1nd8U_bSYLA/featured