test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where do I see the "time of day" in game?

ziggerlinziggerlin Member Posts: 57 Arc User
Not my own "wall clock" time, but the time IN GAME so I can check for quests that have to be (for example) done at night. I'd like to know if night is almost at hand or if I should come back later.... but I can't find any way to check the in-game time.

Comments

• jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    Barovia?
    - bye bye -
  • arazith07arazith07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,719 Arc User
    In Barovia, there is a blue/yellow circle around the mini-map. Blue is night, yellow is day. Each semi-circle is 15 minutes iirc.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    ziggerlin said:

Not my own "wall clock" time, but the time IN GAME so I can check for quests that have to be (for example) done at night. I'd like to know if night is almost at hand or if I should come back later.... but I can't find any way to check the in-game time.

There is only one place in game I know that cares about day and night. It is Barovia mentioned above. The time difference between its day and night may be every 15 minutes. You can estimate day/night change time by looking at the mini map in the top right corner of the screen.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • ziggerlinziggerlin Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Got it, thanks. Yes, it's stuff in Barovia. I didn't notice any indicator there, certainly nothing obvious.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    ziggerlin said:

Got it, thanks. Yes, it's stuff in Barovia. I didn't notice any indicator there, certainly nothing obvious.

The mini-map is bordered with a circle. There is an arrow pointing down at twelve o'clock. Half of the circle is blue and half of it is yellow. The circle is rotating. When the arrow points to yellow, it is day time. When the arrow points to blue, it is night time.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***