test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dark Ritual Robe - Life essensce (Avernus Campaign)

Hello,

is there any chance to increase size of that really small green orb? Let's say x2 or x2.5 times. During the fight there's no way to spot that little thing among tons of dead enemies. I also noticed that (probably) other players(party) orbs are visable to us which is misleading but I'm not sure.

The Soul Siphon says:

Your powers have a 10% chance to siphon life essence from your target, creating a nearby healing orb which can be picked up to restore 5% of your Maximum Hit Points over 5 seconds. (20 sec cooldown)

Firstly, picking up orb may save us, our friends or even save our whole battle (e.g "ape-calypse" - (not mine))

Secondly, if you can't pick it up simply because you can't see it Soul Siphon is kinda useless.

Thirdly, it has 20 seconds cooldown so this is (enough) disadvantage itself.

Every other new armor has it prons and cons. I don't want to change armour. I want to change size of orb to be visable. Right now you need to somehow manage to pick it up where other types just works (I hope). Would be great to change visibility, noone wants to see sea of giant green orbs overwhelming your screen, one is simply enough (as above, I'm not sure).

+ add to healing ammout at the end of rtqs and so on.

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    I have 2 of these now, one on my warlock and the other on my wizard Nicholas. They are very much like Lifesteal without coming out and saying, "We made mistake here is some lifesteal back.". You have to cross over (pick up) tiny green orbs. I personally would like to see them about twice that size. I notice they seem to linger when not used, I don't know for sure. My warlock with 239K health is currently item level 18.8K and gets 2524 healing per while in combat with the armor. This armor seems to have one of the better perks in the new Epics Armors from Juma's Surprise Bag for your 100 Chaotic Writings. I plan to keep extra sets for my other characters unless something better shows up.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    myrynde#5071 myrynde Member Posts: 2 Arc User

(...) I personally would like to see them about twice that size. I notice they seem to linger when not used, I don't know for sure.(...)

If they would be twice as that it would be really helpful even sometimes to stay alive or be able to press stone of life button hard
  • Options
    zimxero#8085 zimxero Member Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited April 2020

I have 2 of these now, one on my warlock and the other on my wizard Nicholas. They are very much like Lifesteal without coming out and saying, "We made mistake here is some lifesteal back.". You have to cross over (pick up) tiny green orbs. I personally would like to see them about twice that size. I notice they seem to linger when not used, I don't know for sure. My warlock with 239K health is currently item level 18.8K and gets 2524 healing per while in combat with the armor. This armor seems to have one of the better perks in the new Epics Armors from Juma's Surprise Bag for your 100 Chaotic Writings. I plan to keep extra sets for my other characters unless something better shows up.

The reason that lifesteal got stolen from us, is because its magnitude directly scaled with our damage output. For endgame characters it would totally heal a DPS within seconds and had no cooldown. The effect on this new item is constrained by cooldown, has variable reliability because of the 10% chance, and becomes dependent on skill speed use... which will not vary as much between charaters as damage output would.
  • Options
    finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 446 Arc User

The reason that lifesteal got stolen from us, is because its magnitude directly scaled with our damage output. For endgame characters it would totally heal a DPS within seconds and had no cooldown. The effect on this new item is constrained by cooldown, has variable reliability because of the 10% chance, and becomes dependent on skill speed use... which will not vary as much between charaters as damage output would.
    You are completely right the lifesteal forced healers to change their build intoo DPS / buffers.
    I retired my orginally GF tank since he became obsolete (lots of good tanks left the game (include myself) because they became useless since squishies decided to run dungeons without a tank)
    I returned to NW as OP, just to see that I was nothing more than a buffer.

Bottomline is that Devs did a great job by removing that ridiculas overpowered Lifesteal.
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,218 Arc User
    For OP, I consider the size in your picture is good for me already. In my display, it is only a dot. In your picture, it is big enough to be a ball (a circle). In mine, it is a square. :)

Anyway, I do not find this thing too useful. I usually notice it after I killed everything.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options

For OP, I consider the size in your picture is good for me already. In my display, it is only a dot. In your picture, it is big enough to be a ball (a circle). In mine, it is a square. :)

Anyway, I do not find this thing too useful. I usually notice it after I killed everything.

The most useful part of this armor is the fact there is no down side to the effect. Slaps and Bennys seem to exist on many of these armor items. The Arms (gloves) are all good. In my opinion the best 2 being;
    • Frenzy Mitts - adding 300 power per enemy up to 15 max (+4500 power).
    • Bralliel's Planar Bidings - adding 5000 power for 15 seconds and summoning a random demon at the start of combat.
    • The other two are damage vs damage resistance. Those might appeal more to people who need a damage boost.
    Meanwhile the other armor;
    • Poisoned Leathers of Rage - The slap is the 2% to 10% extra damage you take for 5 seconds, the benny is +1000 to +5000 power you get.
    • Safety Harness of Protection - Simple trade off, defense for accuracy.
    • Clingy Leather Coat - This one sort of reminds me of my favorite horror movie, Hell Raiser as the Cenobite Pinhead made chains with hooks appear from nowhere. Some in game said, it is more along the lines of of Scorpion's "Get over here!" move from the arcade game Mortal Combat. I have this on my cleric, but the slap comes from dragging in more enemies from nearby and adding more to the fray.
    I am still in the process of collecting these to have at least 2 sets of full armor each, per my 8 characters. After that the remainder will be sold to the vendors.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

I would make it about the same size as a football [soccer ball to some] in relation to the toons.

Even better add in a Kick emote so we can kick them around... like footballs :)
  • Options

The most useful part of this armor is the fact there is no down side to the effect. Slaps and Bennys seem to exist on many of these armor items. The Arms (gloves) are all good. In my opinion the best 2 being;
    • Frenzy Mitts - adding 300 power per enemy up to 15 max (+4500 power).
    • Bralliel's Planar Bidings - adding 5000 power for 15 seconds and summoning a random demon at the start of combat.
    • The other two are damage vs damage resistance. Those might appeal more to people who need a damage boost.
    Meanwhile the other armor;
    • Poisoned Leathers of Rage - The slap is the 2% to 10% extra damage you take for 5 seconds, the benny is +1000 to +5000 power you get.
    • Safety Harness of Protection - Simple trade off, defense for accuracy.
    • Clingy Leather Coat - This one sort of reminds me of my favorite horror movie, Hell Raiser as the Cenobite Pinhead made chains with hooks appear from nowhere. Some in game said, it is more along the lines of of Scorpion's "Get over here!" move from the arcade game Mortal Combat. I have this on my cleric, but the slap comes from dragging in more enemies from nearby and adding more to the fray.
    I am still in the process of collecting these to have at least 2 sets of full armor each, per my 8 characters. After that the remainder will be sold to the vendors.
    The down side is it does not have much upside for my play style.
    Does anyone know where the orb comes up? Next to what I kill or next to me (after I kill) or just pop up randomly.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    @plasticbat I think they appear in the area around you, also I have noticed these can be consumed by other players who are not in your party. I am not sure, if they intended it to heal others, this would explain why it drops an orb, and doesn't just add the heal to your character immediately. It kind of reminds me of the old ranger power, Hunter's Teamwork that dropped health packs.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    I don't know if it is others can pick them up or if they're using the same armor.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options

@plasticbat I think they appear in the area around you, also I have noticed these can be consumed by other players who are not in your party. I am not sure, if they intended it to heal others, this would explain why it drops an orb, and doesn't just add the heal to your character immediately. It kind of reminds me of the old ranger power, Hunter's Teamwork that dropped health packs.

Thanks. Yes, I knew I have to pick it up to heal. However, I usually pick it up after I killed everything. Since I am regenerating after combat anyway, it is not exactly useful. Or, it has been useful and I don't even know about it. i.e. I picked that up without even noticing I did.