test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stat rolls

happywhoreshappywhores Member Posts: 4 Arc User
What was the reason to take the base stat rolls out? I mean how much was it really hurting the game. Spent money for the metalic dragon born but because of not being able to reroll my base stats i actually lost HP instead of gaining. To me it made characters more unique cause you could somewhat adjust what you were lacking or put more into what you needed. Is this feature coming back? I would really like to see it return.
Last few mods you have taken more and more customization away from your player base. Base stat rerolls, powers, class feats, class trees and more. You say to make it easier for the player base but i feel it is made easier for cryptic. Bring your player base back. Give us the ability of choices to make our characters more unique instead of so stream line. Pretty much you have 1 or 2 choices to make for a good build.
How ever i do like some changes. Insignias and comp systems are great. Just need a bigger veriety for the insignia bonuses.
Post edited by happywhores on

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

What was the reason to take the base stat rolls out? I mean how much was it really hurting the game.

From what I recall from Mod 16's private beta, it was because the dev team wanted players to not get stuck on the "which ability rolls do I do?" question.

Though I do see the occasional threads on Reddit pop up on "which ability scores should I roll?", so I'm not sure that plan worked...

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    because people who play these kinds of games.. HATE complexity smh
  • athena#2864 athena Member Posts: 5 Arc User

What was the reason to take the base stat rolls out? I mean how much was it really hurting the game. Spent money for the metalic dragon born but because of not being able to reroll my base stats i actually lost HP instead of gaining. To me it made characters more unique cause you could somewhat adjust what you were lacking or put more into what you needed. Is this feature coming back? I would really like to see it return.

Last few mods you have taken more and more customization away from your player base. Base stat rerolls, powers, class feats, class trees and more. You say to make it easier for the player base but i feel it is made easier for cryptic. Bring your player base back. Give us the ability of choices to make our characters more unique instead of so stream line. Pretty much you have 1 or 2 choices to make for a good build.

How ever i do like some changes. Insignias and comp systems are great. Just need a bigger veriety for the insignia bonuses.

I fully agree with you! I was going to buy the metalic dragon born but because of this I am not wasting my money. They are slowly destroying this game and they don't seem to care.