test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fighter's Crushing Blows feat

exgardianexgardian Member Posts: 255 Arc User

All Fighter Dreadnought feats are cool and useful, but this feat, I don't know what I say ...

Since all DPS classes have a fixed Armor Penetration cap, this means that more than a certain value, is unecessary and uneffective. But looks like this feat only will be useful if you cut A LOT of your Fighter's Power in order to equalize with your Armor Penetration.

But for what ? Will the 20% chance and the extra 100 magnitude damage make up for this huge loss of power in any way?

I (and I'm sure nobody nowadays) never saw a DPS Fighter that have equal ratings of Power and Armor Penetration, but I need more clarification.

Is that the right way to use this feat, to make the most of it to compensate for the great loss of Power and other offensive ratings, or is there any other way instead of simply not using it?

2fv72Fw.png

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    exgardian said:

I (and I'm sure nobody nowadays) never saw a DPS Fighter that have equal ratings of Power and Armor Penetration, but I need more clarification.

Well, I have sorta close Power/ArmorPen (110,000 Power/100,000 ArmPen) because I have very little choice in my companion/companion gear section thanks to RNGezus ... but yeah, your point still stands that this feat wasn't designed for actual play in mind.
    ____

Personally, if I had to rebalance this feat, I'd do one of the following:
    • lower the damage to 75 magnitude and tie the chance to the Strength ability score instead (% chance = Strength ability score).

or

• Lower the damage down to 65 magnitude, but make the trigger condition more consistent, such as "for 5 seconds after the player has used (x) encounter power" or "for 5 seconds after the player has spent 25 Vengeance on an encounter power/other feat"
    Something to make the trigger condition more consistent and not tied to the whims of lowering your power for just a 20% chance.

The lowered damage is to make up for the more consistent chances ... and also so noworries doesn't throw a fit over ruining the so called "balance" with his "esteemed" magnitude per second calculations.

• durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    i used this when my fighter was still building up his stats. armorpen and power are close to one another (and other stats as well lmao)