test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request for Companion Appearance Tab

It would be great if we could change the appearance of our summoned companion to look like any other companion that we own. For example, I could have the Bulette Pup summoned but have it look like the Chultan Tiger (just appearance would change, not attacks)... Provided that I own them both.

Comments

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    And how would your companion proc it's attacks. Bulette is an augment. Tiger is not.

Augments stand around basically looking pretty.
    Non-augments actually carry out attacks that have animations.

Your summoned companion is there for more than it's looks and I don't see how this works with the various attacks of companions, different animation speeds, etc.

Now if you were to ask them to allow you to summon a companion skin as a glorified vanity pet, that might be something intriguing and doable with less headaches..

• grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    That's basically what I was talking about. If you have an augment summoned and change it's appearance... Example Redcap, it would only change the skin of the augment, not the actual function.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    edited January 2020

That's basically what I was talking about. If you have an augment summoned and change it's appearance... Example Redcap, it would only change the skin of the augment, not the actual function.

If I summon a tiger and the appearance is a stone circulating my neck, how does it attack?

I can imagine: I am in a party. A party member is running with a chicken. However, for some reason, all the mob are coming to us. We were all careful and did not step on anything. Pets did not run out. Well, it turns out the chicken is not a chicken but an archer and we can't even see the bow and arrow.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Or maybe the mobs just want some chicken? mmm
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    You want to run with a tiger, summon a tiger.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    Is pet allowed in PVP these days? If yes, that would be fun. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Only in IWD.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

Only in IWD.

I would love to be killed/hurt by a chicken or fawn (actually a tiger or Xuna). :)
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited January 2020
    I actually like this idea and I remember that there was similar talk when we all had tigers only.
    I also remember reading ingame once "But if the lion looks like a skull I won't be able to kick the right person!" You know, back in the insta-lion-kick time.
    Yeah, it should be possible to design comps in a way that some of them wouldn't be a complete nuisance or have strange animations.
    I also don't have to SEE a goat attacking if I use the goat skin on a tiger. I would be satisfied with my comp skin anyway.

Great idea, but probably not possible (with reasonable resources) to execute in a way most players would be satisfied with.

To be honest, I grew to appreciate the comps. I even miss tiger now. The bulette isn't half as ugly as I initially thought. (I now have my own metallic puppy)
    Post edited by jules#6770 on
    - bye bye -
  • omgmundoooomgmundooo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    I like the idea as well, but difficult to implement. I personally don't care to what my companion look like but i know some people that prefer cuteness over performance/power.