test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

You should pay attention...

blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
Not many players running the new content on Preview. So far I played through the opening content of module 18. I don't care for the way they are handling dialog between players and characters. I don't know if I like the new travel maps either.
Now

After Mod 18

I believe they should place Whispering Caverns on the Underdark map.
Not much of a chance of anything changing things at this point. Only 36 days to launch.
Spoilers ahead...

Early on in the introduction you travel to Evernight, the dismal flipside of Neverwinter located in the Shadowfell. There Makos takes you and your party to Avernus (Hell). What I don't care for is how you get the cold shoulder. Your character in the cut scene looks pissed as you glare with your arms folded. Makos won't talk to you, completely non interactive! Geez Makos, buddy haven't seen you since Chult. What is a lich like you hanging out in Evernight? Makos was always Evil alignment, he helps you out because it is in his best interests.

You see this is the problem with Neverwinter, you cannot play it as Neutral or Evil alignment. Everywhere you go, you are the "hero adventurer", so often the cut scenes will make no sense, with my Thayan wizard or my or my anarchist Reid. People should not be happy to see me coming! But Makos should be delighted to get the old crew back together for a little chaos. I do realize there is a budget to voice overs and making cut scenes. They need to think this stuff through. After completing the campaign Cloaked Ascendancy, I would have expected to see my old friend Zarifrax the Lich in Evernight. At least he would appreciate my help breaking him out and talk about his time since he tried to devour my soul.

I know there is a whole thread for crabbing about the module on Preview around here someplace. But I am just too lazy and you know, no one goes there to read the posts.

Just killing time...

Comments

• Options
    mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    I haven't been to preview in a while, but where did Chult go?

The map thing, from what I can see, doesn't look too bad. Was color, now it's parchment with the locations in color. Meh.
  • Options
    blargskullblargskull Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    Look along the top edge and you will see a scroll list. Each magnifier (except PE) got its own map. You can flip to Icewind Dale, Underdark, Chult, Yawning Portal, and others. This removes about 5 of the huge icons that clutter the maps, but I think they could still done better by grouping Whispering Caverns on the Mantol Derith Underdark map. Also Avernus has its own map too, it is the red icon at the top edge. Unless they plan to add more icons, it is just a reskin of the basic Stronghold map. Players in a guild won't get lost here.

Just killing time...