test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please don't make wearables matching gender only

nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
edited December 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
Good morning, could you please do not make more wearable items gender matching only?

It's really disappointing that wearable items are gender only. We are at 1494 DR so I can barely believe that I'm forced to wear these fluffy clothes, like a mistress in distress, instead of something that looks fiercer.

Update: these clothes are from the new coming module, I'm not asking for changing old ones, just asking to put the new ones available for every gender.

Post edited by nisckis on

Comments

• originalsin#4257 originalsin Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    r000kie said:

How about stop trying to destroy games and movies to match your thing? How do you think clothes designed for a male ava will look on a woman ava? I bet there are manly looking sets for women like Icewind ones. Or spend 750 ZEN for a race (and gender) reroll token.

What even is manly clothes? As if Faerunian wizards don’t wear what we would consider to be dresses and tights anyway.

Dragonborn still get to wear clothes obviously not designed for someone with a triangular torso. Halflings can use weapons that were not designed for someone that short. Tieflings can wear clothes not made for tail and horn owners. If there clipping issue or it looks bad then people just won’t use it but why limit options?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    The outfits shown above are fitting for the Barovia/Ravenloft setting. Which does distinguish between "manly" and "feminine".

There are more than sufficient outfits in leveling gear that does put females in shirt and pants.

Wizards regularly wear robes. Mainly because, according to Dresden, their labs tend to be cold.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    greywynd said:

The outfits shown above are fitting for the Barovia/Ravenloft setting. Which does distinguish between "manly" and "feminine".

There are more than sufficient outfits in leveling gear that does put females in shirt and pants.

Wizards regularly wear robes. Mainly because, according to Dresden, their labs tend to be cold.

The clothes are from the new module, taken from preview while I was testing the new campaign.
  • bpstuartbpstuart Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I am not adverse to feminine clothing but sometimes, the women's designs are a little extra.
    The sun elf noble outfit looks nice and robe like on a man but when i checked it out on my Female wizard it made her look like a belly dancer, ( Edit: no it doesn't i was thinking the courtisan wear, the sun elf reglia is more a mini skirt.) which is fine, but i wanted to give her a robe like garment in the elven style and the women's version of that garment is very much not that.

Though it would look great if i made a priestess of Sune Cleric.

There is room in the game for sexy and revealing, as well as gender neutral practical stuff. As it stands now, the Thayan Patrician and Air cultist garment is the only wizardry garments that look like actual clothing on women.

Y'all also just need more Armor themed fashions period, the Gond Tinkerer set and the icewind dale Survivor set are about all you got.
    Well there is the Dwarven rager set but no one wants to hug me when i wear it.
    Post edited by bpstuart on
    Ego etiam cupo recrari et amari diu post mortem meam
    I too wish to be recreated, and to be loved long after my death.
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited December 2019

why can't We have our female toons be butch too? or at least fearsome warriors.

We can. Mine do - always have done so, fierce, I mean - not butch, but certainly not frilly. There's already a lot of good practical armor for either side.

Where I get irritated is when there's a perfectly good outfit that's ruined by that horrible loin cloth flap thing that so much of the women's clothing seems to have. Plenty of men's wear is ruined by adding that particularly awful design element, but it's even more common with the women's armor and fashion. I hate it. Always have.
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    <blockquote class="Quote" rel="r000kie">How do you think clothes designed for a male ava will look on a woman ava? </blockquote>
    Like clothes!
    There is a thing that might be hard to understand about equality (I know, I know, gaming industry...) but it's called choice.
    Publishing both versions for everybody is wrong because...?
    Post edited by jules#6770 on
    - bye bye -
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    While I'm not sure, as I've not really asked about this, based on my limited knowledge of how the game was made, I think the lack of choice is more due to technical reasons than equality reasons. The way that armor and outfits are made, etc.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    I'm not sure about that, but I will be happy to be educated about it, but: It's possible for head fashion, isn't it? And I think the armorsmithing (?) fashion (at least the MW one) looks about the same on male/female if I remember correctly.
    - bye bye -
  • milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    There are so many other BIGGER issues in game that need fixing. This to me (like all other fashion bugs) falls under the heading of "giant waste of devs already precious and dwindling time"...
    edited December 2019

There are so many other BIGGER issues in game that need fixing. This to me (like all other fashion bugs) falls under the heading of "giant waste of devs already precious and dwindling time"...

Yeah, I can see what happens with the already precious and dwindling time.
    I personally wouldn't have needed a lot of stuff either.

E: trying to be nicer, failing more often lately.
    - bye bye -
    It is entirely possible it falls under their approval from WotC/Hasbro clause in the licensing agreement.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • molchar#7365 molchar Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    It's hard enough to watch movies like Captainette America and be able to reach suspension of disbelief with the macho-yet-female twisted "whatever it is" thing that's supposed to be. If you want to look gruff, play a male toon. I ilike the feminine outfits on female toons. Rolls with nature, rows downstream...
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    One of the most blatant examples of this is Decaying Habit from the Ravenloft mod. It's a hat... or at least that's what you would think from the icon. Yet, for some reason, this straw hat morphs into a towel if equipped on a woman character.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Well, on a woman character, it displays as a nun's habit, hence the name. The straw hat is the weird part
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    The men's straw hat is decaying. The women's cover is a habit. There you have the Decaying Habit.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    reading this thread reminds me of a time a few months back when some guy went off on a serious anti HAMSTER (men who like other men) tirade against me because I had my DB decked out in all pink wings and silly hat. he was so over the top with the verbal abuse I had to laugh because he was like donald duck.. but then I was like, wow. he's honestly serious. I thought it was not at first. then I was like wow. this is what HAMSTER (homosexual) people go thru? that sucks. I pm'd his guild leader. he got kicked. I had an alt in his guild. I really don't get why some people get worked up over this....

(edited to get around the filters because the context I'm using those words in I Honestly believe is not the context they are filtered out for)

reading this thread reminds me of a time a few months back when some guy went off on a serious anti HAMSTER (men who like other men) tirade against me because I had my DB decked out in all pink wings and silly hat. he was so over the top with the verbal abuse I had to laugh because he was like donald duck.. but then I was like, wow. he's honestly serious. I thought it was not at first. then I was like wow. this is what HAMSTER (homosexual) people go thru? that sucks. I pm'd his guild leader. he got kicked. I had an alt in his guild. I really don't get why some people get worked up over this....

Don't think too much on why people cannot accept other's value as a person, you might damage your brain.
    Seriously tho, there are people that think their own opinion, morals, values are more important than other people. You can't help them, if you find it in yourself you can feel sorry for them at most.

I just want to leave it here that if I want my female toon to look like a uglyborn sharandar icon or like a guy or just like a female with clothes, it is because I like it. I might not like how other toons look too, but just like when I pass a person on the streets that wears stuff I don't like, I remember how my momma told me that it might not be my piece of cake, so I don't have to eat it. I can find my own piece, let them eat theirs, we both have cake, so what's to lose.

- bye bye -