test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why does Vorpal = Heals?

essohbe#3114 essohbe Member Posts: 173 Arc User
Nowhere in the game does it mention this but my guild told me my DC sucks because I need a vorpal enchantment for healing critical severity now?
So why even use any other enchantment for a cleric? I really don't get it. I have a r12 holy that I've been using but my healing i terrible at 51%oh.

Comments

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Sucks is a strong word to use over an enchantment.

Vorpal = bigger crit heals from critsev = less chance of dying

That is all. If you want to be the most effective healer you want to run the vorpal.

• typo#6563 typo Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited December 2019
    I don't think you necessarily "suck" because of that. I run an alt cleric and haven't worried about it too much because there are other sources of crit severity. My guild has the +15% crit severity boon. There is also the campaign boon and other sources. You could probably make some simple adjustments to boost that up a bit.
    Extraneous Typo

• putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    https://jannenw.info/pages/mechanics16/heals

If you look at the heal formula:

healedAmount=weaponDamage⋅magnitudeModifier⋅(1+power100000)⋅(1+I[criticalHit]⋅CritSeverity)⋅outgoingHealingBonus⋅TiamatSet5%⋅targetIncomingHealing

note that crit severity is one of the factors in the calculation. Since Vorpal provides increased crit severity, it increases the potency of your heal.

On Janne's guide, you can put in your stats and calculate what impact the vorpal would have on your build.
  • carloswartune#5709 carloswartune Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    Heals can crit. Vorpal makes crits more powerful. As none of the other Weapon Enchantments increase healing in any way, Vorpal is better. No "complicated mathematical formulas" needed to understand that.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    I don't understand how a person can ask how something works. Then complain its to complicated for a game. If you aren't truly interested in how it works, why not just copy someone else's guide? Just copy pasta a build and button mash like most people do
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    A vorpal enchant puts your head back on your neck on a crit!
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

I put all r15 bondings on and used a vorpal r13... seems to be the same. All leg healing comps too.

I quit! Gonna play Gauntlet. Mash the kill button and let the game figure the rest out.

If you've made no improvement with these changes than perhaps it's time to revisit your initial post.

my guild told me my DC sucks.

• aerhythia#3255 aerhythia Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    At 50% outgoing heals your heals should be fine in any unscaled content. In Cloak Tower you gonna heal like a Fawn companion no matter if you're maxed or not due to the scaling. Some dungeons like FBI or MSPC can be a bit tricky because of that if your team is squishy and mobs get combat advantage easily.

Vorpal helps on critical heals but due to how much critical heals heal even without it I'm not sure I'd even call it essential except in dungeons or trials where you want to top off the HP pool of a tank as fast as possible. There's just nothing else that helps much with healing.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    > @essohbe#3114 said:
    >
    > I quit! Gonna play Gauntlet. Mash the kill button and let the game figure the rest out.

Well, The Took predicted a "Gauntlet" shift long ago:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1246612/mod-17-proposal-nw-gauntlet

We are well on our way.
    Took is tired of being right all the time.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • When I first was given a crit heal explanation it was back in Mod 10. I was using a Holy Avenger, which I still prefer since it buffed defense. It made me and the others more tanky. The person who explained crit to me was often vote kicked from dungeons because the dps complained he had "too much" crit. Fast-forward to Mod 17 and people are trying to obtain far more crit than power - on healing classes specifially Paladin and Cleric. This is because of a very simple formula, and if you find formulae a challenge, this game is not for you - Janne's guide is full of formulae.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User

When I first was given a crit heal explanation it was back in Mod 10. I was using a Holy Avenger, which I still prefer since it buffed defense. It made me and the others more tanky. The person who explained crit to me was often vote kicked from dungeons because the dps complained he had "too much" crit. Fast-forward to Mod 17 and people are trying to obtain far more crit than power - on healing classes specifially Paladin and Cleric. This is because of a very simple formula, and if you find formulae a challenge, this game is not for you - Janne's guide is full of formulae.

1. How crit worked before mod16 was differnt.

2. Janne's guide has also very simple text, and graphs, yet somehow people focus on the difficult instead of just readying the easy for them parts.

Though I must say, if a person has issue understanding "critStat=1.25⋅power" to get 50% chance then the issue is not the formula or the game, but a better usage of time will be refreshing basic, not even highschool, algebra or at the worst case asking someone to just give the number to them.
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

When I first was given a crit heal explanation it was back in Mod 10. I was using a Holy Avenger, which I still prefer since it buffed defense. It made me and the others more tanky. The person who explained crit to me was often vote kicked from dungeons because the dps complained he had "too much" crit. Fast-forward to Mod 17 and people are trying to obtain far more crit than power - on healing classes specifially Paladin and Cleric. This is because of a very simple formula, and if you find formulae a challenge, this game is not for you - Janne's guide is full of formulae.

1. How crit worked before mod16 was differnt.

2. Janne's guide has also very simple text, and graphs, yet somehow people focus on the difficult instead of just readying the easy for them parts.

Though I must say, if a person has issue understanding "critStat=1.25⋅power" to get 50% chance then the issue is not the formula or the game, but a better usage of time will be refreshing basic, not even highschool, algebra or at the worst case asking someone to just give the number to them.
    The Took , after a full minute of hobbit belly laughs, had a real struggle of choosing between "insightful", "Like", Awesome" or "LOL" because they all applied.

Janne/Micky and the other stat-masters have spelled it out for us pretty plainly in mathetmatic terms.
    But, to be fair, the average Joe or Jane (or Took) often take the easy route and extrapolate.

TLDR
    Yes, increasing crit increases your heals. If you cannot understand the equations...
    Don't bother with them. Here is a bouncy ball. Let's play with it.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.