test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Meet Neverwinter's new Executive Producer!

13»

Comments

• dagambitdagambit Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited December 2019

Hi Wilbur and Everyone,

Looking forward to answering your question and many more on the stream.

Chris

Hi Chris,
    I probably will not make it to the stream time difference here in Japan. Military life go figure.

I have two questions for you.
    How do you feel about forcing players to play content they don't want to play? (IE Random Queue System) A system design by the developers to force it's players to play the content they want us to play.

**How do yo feel about players time and money?
    We put in countless hours of grinding to upgrade our gear only to have it nerfed because players are not using the new gear. So it gets nerfed, but the team hides behind the excuse "but it was necessary as this artifact set bonus was very much out of line with the rest of them and created a situation where a very old, lower item level artifact set was always the best choice no matter what else came along." This set bonus came out it Mod 8, so that's about 10 Mods, 10 Mods later and they couldn't not come up with another set bonus to rival, compete or just better than this set bonus. No player wants a set bonus that relies on dailies; then only last about 10 seconds. When they can have a bonus up all the time. Even with the nerf it is still the best set bonus, so all the change did was HAMSTER a lot of players off. This isn't the first time I will not bring up bonding runestones. This new artifact set bonus was the devs chance to give the players a set bonus that could compete with Demon Lord's set bonus. But they dropped the ball again what good is a artifact set bonus that is only useful in a certain area of the game??
    Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (PC)
    Rogue - Setsuna F Seiei (XB1)
    Rogue - Serenity (PS4)
  • tchefi#6735 tchefi Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited December 2019

Hi Wilbur and Everyone,

Looking forward to answering your question and many more on the stream.

Chris

Welcome aboard Chris.

I'm a former DM on Neverwinter Nights, and did some "DM"-like volunteer "jobs" on some other MMORPGs (french Dofus for exemple).
    One thing I largely regret on NWO, especially since the foundry is gone, is the lack of humanly driven animations (but i understand why, as it usually can't "hit" enough players to economically justified any effort in development), and the too few tools available to players, like me, who just love organize mini RP or semi-RP events (in my case within my ally) like Miss elections, olympic games, our ally has talent, hide and seek, quizz games, etc.

Do you have a plan or an idea about how to provide more tools so we can ourselves create activities for others more easily (and with a greater field of possibilities), and find something more social to do within the game than bashing monsters in the latest campaign/dungeon while waiting for next mod ?
  • kingkevin#3240 kingkevin Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    With this news I may start playing again, depends on the stream
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Welcome Chris. Was wondering if you in fact have any plans on playing this game ? And if you do what classes might you think about giving a try ?
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for all the great questions everyone! Due to the volume, I will be closing this thread for now but we will attempt to address as many questions as possible during the stream.
This discussion has been closed.