test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tales of Disconnects

ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
@nitocris83

Something really needs to be done about the inability of returning to a Tales instance when you get disconnected.

Ran two Mad Dragon TOO last night.

The first run, we were cruising through the whole thing. Got to 5x and our #2 DPS got disconnected right after the load in and booted to PE. The remaining 4 of us managed to get it done. Our 5th member got absolutely nothing for 40-45 minutes of play time since he couldn't turn in the quest.

On our second run through with different toons it was an even larger fail. We did through 2x with no issue. Then our tank DC'ed in the waiting area before we started 3x. We had to kick him so that we could continue since we couldn't go in without him. So now we're down a tank.

About halfway through, my wizard gets the animation glitch from either storm pillar or ray of frost (a bug that has been reported for a very long time). Now I can only dash through the dungeon as I couldn't move. Tried defeating, unstuck, changing powers, etc. All to no avail. The other 3 went onward and basically cleared the dungeon for me while I dashed at a snails pace to catch up.

We got through and decided to try 4x in the hopes that the glitch would go away at some point. It never did. I dashed though about half the dungeon. The other 3 continued on and managed to finish the run while I cheered from way way way back.

Then we had to make a decision as to how to proceed. I decided to log out in the slight hope that in the waiting area it might either put me back in or at least give me credit for the 4 runs. Loaded back in, bounced right to PE, got no credit for anything, and the other 3 had to cut the run short.

So out of 2 runs, 3 times someone got no credit (1 person on 1st run, 2 on 2nd run).

I realize this event may never return. But whether it does or does not, your team needs to fix these recurring disconnect issue. It was an issue in expeditions and got fixed. Tales has lasted a year and it's still an issue!

Negligence is the word that comes to mind when something like this lingers.