test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please Stop Changing My Target

hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
edited November 2019 in Player Feedback (PC)
When playing a ranged class, I'll pick out a high-priority target before striking. However, once I press the encounter key or mouse button, the game will often fight me and try to force me to a different target. Please stop this. It's hugely annoying and I don't need the game to try to think for me. It's one thing if I don't have anything targeted, but if I already have an enemy highlighted then that's the one I want to attack, not what the game thinks I should attack. I have AoE targeting assist off and this is something that happens to single-target powers anyway. It's driving me nuts.
Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured

Comments

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Press and hold Ctrl when you've got your target.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    hotfrostwormhotfrostworm Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

When playing a ranged class, I'll pick out a high-priority target before striking. However, once I press the encounter key or mouse button, the game will often fight me and try to force me to a different target. Please stop this. It's hugely annoying and I don't need the game to try to think for me. It's one thing if I don't have anything targeted, but if I already have an enemy highlighted then that's the one I want to attack, not what the game thinks I should attack. I have AoE targeting assist off and this is something that happens to single-target powers anyway. It's driving me nuts.

I agree and this is why I remapped my keys. I don't want to hold control key while blasting on some fool. There should be a way to remove auto target, but I take that is broken like a lot of things.

Do the following steps
    1. go to the keybinds menu and remove the CTRL from target lock. Leave it empty.
    2. from chat type /bind ` "hardtargetlock 0" (that is the ~ key but not shifted. I am using for unlock but map it to any unused key)
    3. from chat type /bind ctrl "hardtargetlock 1"
    4. optional - save your keybind layout with /bind_save or /bind_save_file layout.txt
    Your mouse will hard lock to the target and no hold is needed. When you press control now it will hard target the one you want until it is dead or your press the unlock key. Let's face facts. I only use that one when I get the wrong creature targeted.
  • Options
    milehighxr#1299 milehighxr Member Posts: 461 Arc User
    greywynd said:

Press and hold Ctrl when you've got your target.

How do I fix this on console. This happens to me all the time, regardless of class. I pick a target(usually the one with the lowest hp remaining) and as soon as I hit the button, my target jumps to the one with the most hp remaining. It is really frustrating when I am in a mob fight solo, and my HP are almost out, but I know I can kill the mob- right up until the target suddenly changes.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

How do I fix this on console.

You can turn off the targeting assist in options. Honestly, it can still happen even with that off.