test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The problem with the load of craft items.

violencebf22violencebf22 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
Those people who are engaged in crafting professions faced with the problem of overflowing bags with things for crafting. Is it possible to create a bag for crafting resources? Or a bank in a workshop?

Comments

• mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 693 Arc User
    I ran up against the limit for the first time a week or so ago.

I was wondering if maybe there was a chance that we might be able to one day buy a larger/additional crafting material bag, but looking at the reality of the situation at this time I knew that I would have to make some space.

By the time I got rid of the standard stacks of things I had a fair amount of high-quality versions of, and then went ahead and crafted some other stuff to remove stacks of some other things (talking about lower-level potions here and ridding myself of all of the rhubarb I had, for example), I had made a decent bit of room for myself, but going forward I see myself having to clear out a fair bit more space.

I entertained the idea of limiting the 'intermediate' items, things like the various types of ingot, leather, and lumber to name a few, but this would slow the process down so much if I ever actually needed to use those things that it's really just not a good option.

That leaves limiting the variety of items that I keep on hand and limiting the amount of stacks of items I keep on hand. More of what I had already done.

Dropping a lot of lower level items is fairly easy. This is especially true of a lot of alchemy items.
    I like low-level potion crafting as a quick-and-easy money maker, but that just needs stilled water, which in turn requires well water, and then one more ingredient depending upon which potion I make, but I only need to ever make a single type of potion so I only ever need space for a single ingredient for those.

That makes for a lot of stuff that I can either use up in other potions to make room eventually, or if I need the space right now I can just put them on the AH or sell them to a vendor directly.

But I also have the luxury of basically only needing to craft for a single toon. While I do have some alts, I really only play a single toon right now so if a material holds no real immediate value to that toon then I don't need to have it on hand.
    If push comes to shove, I can clear out a lot of space fast.

Still, I would think that either a shared workspace storage that could be expanded or allowing for players to expand their personal storage wouldn't be too much to ask, and it seems like something that would be a popular purchase for players.