test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So is the Siege of Neverwinter event a thing of the past?

title describes it all i mean just curious since we haven't had one since before mod 16 was launched i mean feels like we should of had by now

Comments

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    The siege happens twice a year. It happened back in May this year. Late November/Early December last year. Highly doubt it's a thing of the past when it's recurred at the same rate for awhile now. Every 6-7 months you get one.
  • knightrider86#9458 knightrider86 Member Posts: 90 Arc User

The siege happens twice a year. It happened back in May this year. Late November/Early December last year. Highly doubt it's a thing of the past when it's recurred at the same rate for awhile now. Every 6-7 months you get one.

yes yeah your right not saying your wrong but by that logic every 6-7 months i mean it been over 6 months now at this point if last one happened in April/May timeframe and without it on the calendar i am like do we get it anymore i mean siege is the best event for stronghold progression they give us

• jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User

yes yeah your right not saying your wrong but by that logic every 6-7 months i mean it been over 6 months now at this point if last one happened in April/May timeframe and without it on the calendar i am like do we get it anymore i mean siege is the best event for stronghold progression they give us

I have been thinking we are missing a siege too, I thought hellpit might take the usual spot for it. My guess is we will have one, just delayed.
    - bye bye -
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited November 2019
    my guess is the grand retelling is taking a siege spot. 2 weeks long.. something has to give somewhere on the calendar. I don't think the grand retelling was going to happen before all the tales mishaps. personally i'd rather have the grand retelling anyway instead of siege. I'd be ok with them getting rid of siege and just having stronghold vouchers drop elsewhere in other events. farming siege is mindlessly boring.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    The last siege was at end of May. Last year the Nov siege began on 11/29 and ran 2 weeks into mid December according to news posts.

The Grand Retelling may very well be taking its spot but let's not forget that they change the calendar from time to time after it's posted to throw us off.

Just because it's not on there now doesn't mean it doesn't show up within the next 2 weeks on the calendar.

Either way, rather have the grand retelling and the new event coming in January. Winter event is coming but don't care too much about that one anymore.

I'm sure you'll get a siege and I wouldn't be surprised if it just got bumped due to all the issues lately with events being cenceled/reshuffled – cough cough Tales cough cough.

The last siege was at end of May. Last year the Nov siege began on 11/29 and ran 2 weeks into mid December according to news posts.

The Grand Retelling may very well be taking its spot but let's not forget that they change the calendar from time to time after it's posted to throw us off.

Just because it's not on there now doesn't mean it doesn't show up within the next 2 weeks on the calendar.

Either way, rather have the grand retelling and the new event coming in January. Winter event is coming but don't care too much about that one anymore.

I'm sure you'll get a siege and I wouldn't be surprised if it just got bumped due to all the issues lately with events being cenceled/reshuffled – cough cough Tales cough cough.

I've got this ridiculous hope that bound to char or account alphas will be part of the drop table this year for winter event thus making the whole thing worthwhile again. :astonished: forgehammer is worthless now. we all have every other comp.. forgehammer v2 would be nice,
  • jules#6770 jules Member Posts: 709 Arc User

I've got this ridiculous hope that bound to char or account alphas will be part of the drop table this year for winter event thus making the whole thing worthwhile again. :astonished: forgehammer is worthless now. we all have every other comp.. forgehammer v2 would be nice,
    HintHint to whoever... maybe next year then, since they are already so far ahead in planning

- bye bye -
  • knightrider86#9458 knightrider86 Member Posts: 90 Arc User

my guess is the grand retelling is taking a siege spot. 2 weeks long.. something has to give somewhere on the calendar. I don't think the grand retelling was going to happen before all the tales mishaps. personally i'd rather have the grand retelling anyway instead of siege. I'd be ok with them getting rid of siege and just having stronghold vouchers drop elsewhere in other events. farming siege is mindlessly boring.

might be boring but not every guild still in the game that has full out quit due the changes are guild hall 20 i mean that plus my alliance does a siege voucher giveaway that can net you some nice stuff which outweighs the boredom slightly

maybe right but still i mean like i said kinda hoping it just got bumped up and not outta of existence, i mean personally dont mind siege espically when all you are doing is listening to music picking of groups like crazy lol i mean hoping they just dont get rid of it might be boring for some people but like i said there are still guilds that are alive that are not gh20 and one siege would pretty much finish them (ie gh16 to gh19 area)
  • athrogate#3634 athrogate Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Hmm, looking at this older post from November 2019 and still no Siege on the schedule
    edited February 2020
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1254143/neverwinter-2020-high-level-road-map showing here as second quarter so probably in may as normal

Edit think I was reading that wrong. looks like august.